ICYMI, The Vista is getting a new “Boutique Inspired” Hilton Tapestry Hotel – but that’s not all. With it comes a lot of cool perks for Columbia – like a speakeasy, another rooftop bar, a restaurant + more. Hotel Anthem will be designed as a full-service upscale hotel with a music-inspired theme – which is perfect since the hotel will have pedestrian plazas + walkways to music venues and the Columbia Metropolitan Convention Center.
Here’s a look at the new hotel by the numbers:
- $40 million | How much it will cost to build the hotel, sponsored by the Arnold Family Corporation.
- 300 | The number of new construction jobs.
- 125 | The number of permanent jobs that will be available to Soda Citizens.
- 11 | The number of floors the hotel will have.
- 150 | The number of spacious (among the largest square footage available in Cola), high-tech rooms in the hotel.
- $500,000 | The amount of property taxes paid by the hotel for the next 30 years.
- 2021 | The estimated completion year of Hotel Anthem.
- 4 | The number of stars the hotel will be – making it the first 4-star hotel in Columbia.
The official address is still TBD – but it will be located off Gervais St., near the old Jilian’s.