A lot of changes have been happening in the Vista and The Congaree Vista Guild — a nonprofit, membership-based organization that ensures the Vista is a vibrant symbol of Columbia — shared updates on projects that will be completed in 2022.
- Boku Kitchen and Saloon | 916 Gervais St. | This new Pan Asian restaurant — located where Sure Fire Taco used to be — will have a dynamic look featuring two iconic murals by world famous Ruben Ubiera. Want a sneak peek?
- Cambria Hotel | The corner of Park + Lady Streets | This 144-room hotel will be opening spring 2022.
- CITY GRIT | 707 Gervais St. | Now softly opened for the holidays, this specialty market offers artisan goods, house-made dips, sweets, beer, wine and gifts. It also offers gourmet take-away + family meals.
- The Donut Guy | 1215 Lincoln St. | This Soda City food-truck-favorite will soon be offering hot mini donuts with a variety of toppings in its own building beginning in early 2022.
Projects in the works:
- The Park Street beautification project | Almost complete | ADA compliant sidewalks, landscaping, outdoor seating for visitors + improved lighting are still to come.
- The Greene Street Phase two improvement project | Scheduled to be complete in January | Phase two is part of an overall plan to open downtown Columbia to the Congaree Riverfront.
- $21.2 million is currently being used for transportation projects | This project will offer visitors more pedestrian + bike access along Greene Street from Gadsden to Assembly Streets.
- Construction of a new two-lane bridge with a shade structure along the it with sidewalks + dedicated bike lanes. | Expected to be installed by June of 2022.