Back in November, we explored WeCo as pretend-residents of Brookland for a day, exploring the apartment community’s bustling surrounding area. Think: Eats from Primal Gourmet, Terra + Palate and drinks from WeCo Bottle and Biergarten and Black Rooster.
Even more has popped up around the mixed-use development since then, named for the historic Brookland community once home to mill employees, a business district + trade center (on what is now Meeting St. + a small portion of State St.). Now, Brookland is one of the Columbia area’s newest live-work-play destinations.
Here’s an update on Brookland’s development:
- Brookland’s roster of commercial tenants — which already included Black Rooster and Select Physical Therapy — has expanded.
- Gentleman’s Quarters Barbershop is now open at 117 State St., offering haircuts, beard trims, classic shaves + more.
- #ComingSoon: Pilates studio The WKRT is coming to 121 State St. with an anticipated opening date of Sept. 1. The new 1,440-sqft. location will be its third, joining those on Devine St. and Sunnyside Dr. in Forest Acres. Karis Loewen, The WKRT’s CEO, says Brookland is “a perfect fit.”
- Construction on the apartments at Brookland is now complete, ft. spacious floor plans and modern design elements, like subway tile, sliding barn doors, bar top seating and designer lighting.
- New businesses continue to open in the area, including Savage Craft Ale Works, The Hideout in WeCo and counting.