Calling all entrepreneurs. Do you have a concept for a business but are unsure how to get it off the ground, need to finalize your business plan, or need to know how to get a license?
Starting a business can be overwhelming. Regardless of your current situation or business model, the City of Columbia has many resources available to help you along the way.
- Register your business with South Carolina.
- If you’ve already registered your business, apply for a license within the City of Columbia.
- Understand Richland County’s business requirements.
- Check out Columbia’s “Opportunity Zones” and apply for a location permit.
Get plugged in locally:
- Start with Columbia’s Office of Business Opportunities.
- Join a local club or association, or get to know Columbia’s local agencies.
- Connect with a mentor.
- Follow local business publications.
- If you want to take your business to the next level + work toward becoming a Fortune 500 company, get involved with this Columbia-based collaborative partnership.
Attend community events:
- Attend events, like 1 Million Cups and Tech After 5.
- Join + attend our city’s many Chambers of Commerce.
- Pro Tip — Richland Library hosts various events that cater to entrepreneurs.