Since April, when the CDC announced that fully-vaccinated Americans could safely travel within the United States, Columbia Metropolitan Airport (CAE) has seen a significant increase in passenger traffic.
- 15,400: That’s how many passengers came through CAE in May 2020.
- 72,800: That’s how many passengers came through CAE in May 2021 — a 373% increase.
- 2,066,964: That’s how many travelers went through TSA security checkpoints nationwide on June 28, 2021. (Read: Travel is back.)
For those returning to air travel, CAE has 6 tips to prepare you for an easy experience:
- Don’t forget your mask. It’s required to mask up inside the terminal (for those flying and those picking up passengers) and while onboard any aircraft. This federal mandate is in place until September 13, 2021 or further notice. 😷
- Check the status of your flight often on your airline’s app or CAE’s website. 📱
- Arrive 2 hours before your flight to ensure you’re waiting at the gate come boarding time — not in the TSA security line. ⏱️
- Consider signing up for TSA Pre-Check. This 5-year membership is acquired through an application process and allows you to keep shoes on, laptops in your bag + belts and jackets on, ensuring an expedited security screening process. ✅
- Pre-book your parking to save on your spot. In case you missed it, CAE now offers convenient + easy pre-book parking options. 🚗
- Follow CAE on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook + LinkedIn, as travel details and updates are often shared on these channels. 💻
Did you know CAE provides nonstop service to major cities like Chicago, Dallas/Fort Worth, Miami, New York City (currently offline but hopefully returning later this year), Philadelphia, Tampa, and Washington, D.C.? Consider our bags packed. Ⓟ