Ever feel like you don’t know what to order at a coffee shop?
We’re taking a shot today to espresso how much we love local coffee. Below you will find all the tea on coffee shops around the Midlands, what the COLAtoday City Editors recommend, and what other Soda Citizens would choose to sip on.
Azalea Coffee Bar, 2700 Devine St.
- COLAtoday City Editors ordered The Finish Line — house made pumpkin spice syrup, white chocolate sauce, espresso, steamed milk, and a little pumpkin pie spice. We highly recommend it.
Barts Crazy Good Coffee, 230 Columbia Ave., Chapin
- This Chapin-based coffee shop is a small batch coffee roaster and has a full menu drive-thru service. Order something for quick service.
Bloomin’ Bean Coffee Bar, 412 C, McNulty St., Blythewood
- DYK — The owner, Carla, has been a florist for more than 20 years and the coffee shop is located inside Blythewood Gloriosa Florist.
- Bloomin’ Bean Coffee Bar’s beans are roasted + locally ground by hand.
Blūm Coffee, 2824 Devine St.
- COLAtoday City Editors recommend ordering a Honey Ginger Latte.
- What locals recommend: A Raspberry Mocha + add a pump of lavender honey.
Blue Flour Bakery, 7703 St Andrews Rd., Irmo
- COLAtoday City Editors think you can’t go wrong with any coffee you order, but just make sure to order a raspberry thumbprint cookie to go with it.
- What locals recommend: Iced White Chocolate Mocha
Cool Beans, 1217 College St.
- COLAtoday City Editors would order the Perfect Woman latte — a sweet latte topped with whipped cream and chocolate disk.
- What locals recommend: Coconut Mocha + Perfect Man (double shot espresso with Irish cream + half-n-half)
Curiosity Coffee Bar, 2327 Main St.
- COLAtoday City Editors recommend ordering anything with chai — it’s to chai for.
- What locals recommend: Lavender Latte with CBD + Campfire Cold Brew (cold brew, chocolate sauce, toasted marshmallow, liquid smoke + dairy of your choice)
Drip, 729 Saluda Ave. + 1441 Main St.
- COLAtoday City Editors recommend its Iced Mexican Coffee. It’s a perfect blend of fire and ice with cayenne pepper sprinkled on top.
- What locals recommend: A Dirty Chai Latte with oat milk, a Honey Vanilla Latte, or order loose leaf mint tea brewed in a little glass teapot.
Good Life Cafe, 1614 Main St.
- COLAtoday City Editors recommend “The Unicorn Latte.” It is made with Blue Majik — an ingredient found in blue-green algae. It contains a special chemical protein called Phycocyanin which is a natural anti-inflammatory + antioxidant.
The Hideout in WECO, 118 State St., West Columbia
- This West Columbia café serves counter service coffee, has indoor or outdoor seating, and COLAtoday City Editors recommend trying the Snickerdoodle Latte — a brown sugar latte with cinnamon on top.
- Pro tip — It also has a new menu weekly.
Higher Grounds Coffee, 1430 Sumter St.
- Higher Grounds coffee has 32 regular flavors including lavender and they recommend trying it with a splash of blackberry.
The Human Bean, 669 Main St. + 11115 Broad River Rd
- What locals recommend: Pumpkin Latte for cooler days + Frozen Hot Chocolate for warmer days.
Immaculate Consumption, 933 Main St.
- COLAtoday City Editors would recommend ordering the Motivator — a coffee with 2 shots of espresso for those days you just need a little, well, motivation.
- What locals recommend: Iced Mocha
Indah Coffee, 2238 Sumter St.
- What locals recommend: Thai Iced Coffee + Iced Lavender Latte
- Pro tip — you can order 10+ whole bean options to take home and brew yourself.
Koffee Koala, 3022 Charleston Hwy., West Columbia
- Try out this new coffee shop in town. The COLAtoday City Editors are excited to try the “Eucalyptus” — a latte with créme de menthe, tiramisu + vanilla.
Krafty Koffee, 261 Charter Oak Rd., Lexington
- COLAtoday City Editors recommend the After-School Detention — a dark chocolate and hazelnut latte with dark chocolate drizzle.
- Pro tip — Check out its 12 seasonal drinks that are completely unique in flavor.
The Local Buzz, 631 B Harden St.
- What locals recommend: Iced White Chocolate Lavender Latte
Loveland Coffee, 7001 St. Andrews Rd. + 7475 Carlisle St., Irmo
- What locals recommend: Iced Vanilla Dolce — a trifecta of Raw Sugars infused with Madagascar Vanilla Beans)
- Bullet Proof + Medusa — 4-5 shots of espresso over ice with simple syrup + a splash of half and half.
- Pro tip — Loveland hosts local artists to play live music + game nights.
O’Hara’s Bakery Café, 121 E Main St., Lexington
- Stay tuned for updates on this bakery + cafe coming to Lexington’s Main Street in the former location of The Haven.
Oliver Gospel Roastery, 1120 Taylor St.
- 100% of every purchase goes back into Oliver Gospel’s mission to serve those in need. COLAtoday City Editors recommend the Snickerdoodle Shaken Espresso, topped with extra creamy oat milk.
Piecewise Coffee, 2001 State St., Cayce
- COLAtoday City Editors recommend a hot, lavender oat milk latte + an iced latte with honey.
- What locals recommend: Pumpkin Spice Latte — DYK Piecewise Coffee uses real pumpkin puree in the latte, so it’s not too sweet.
Second Wave Coffee And Books, 529 S Lake Dr., Lexington
- What locals recommend: Iced Vanilla Latte + hot coffee
- Pro tip — It hosts local events, movie nights, and serves beer, wine, seltzer + sodas.
smallSUGAR, 709 Gervais St.
- What locals recommend: Iced Mint Mocha + Golden Latte (espresso, turmeric, honey syrup, almond + coconut milk)
Sweetwaters Coffee & Tea, 1002 Park St.
- What locals recommend: Mocha Ice Dragon (frozen chocolate, espresso, and cream with whipped cream) + French Vietnamese Au Lait (dark roasted French chicory coffee and sweetened condensed milk)
- Pro tip — bring your pup for a Pup Cup full of whipped cream with treats on top. We’re sure you’ll see some wags.
Tribal Coffee Co., 7949 Broad River Rd., Suite 8
- What locals recommend: Caramel Apple Cider
- Pro tip — it has a Tribal Artist Of The Week where a local artist designs the coffee sleeves for each hot cup of coffee.
The Well Co. + Cafe, 3000 Rosewood Dr.
- COLAtoday City Editors think this coffee shop has some of the most unique combinations for coffee and recommend ordering a Mucha Matcha.
- What locals recommend: Strawberry Latte + Lemon Ginger Tea
Did we miss your favorite coffee shop? Let us know, so we can make this list a 1-stop-shot for locals.