Don’t let the weather this week fool you, tomorrow is the first day of fall. The expected high of 98° on Thursday followed by a ~20° drop in temperature Friday sums up the weather in the Soda City for you.
Here’s what you can expect this fall in Cola based on predictions from the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration’s Climate Prediction Center + The National Weather Service.
Think warm. Expect to see warmer-than-normal temperatures across much of the United States — and Columbia is no exception. There’s a 40-50% chance of temps being hotter than usual in the area. Usually, Cola averages highs of 84.8° in September, 75.8° in October, 66.7° in November, and 57.8° in December.
Precipitation trends are expected to lean below average through December. Usually, Cola averages 3.94 inches of rain in September, 2.89 inches in October, 2.88 inches in November, and 3.38 in December.
No drought is currently present in Columbia with the chances of drought unlikely in the upcoming months.
If you’re looking for ways to welcome in fall weather, plan to attend these upcoming, local fall events:
- ColaJazz Fest | Sat., Sept. 24-Sun., Sept. 25 | 6-10 p.m. |South Carolina State Museum + Hampton Preston Mansion and Gardens |$50-$85 🎶
- The Irmo Okra Strut Festival | Fri., Sept 23-Sat., Sept. 24 | 9 a.m.-10 p.m. | Irmo Community Park, 7473 Church St., Irmo| Free 🌿
- Cayce Fall Fest | Sat., Oct. 1 | Granby Gardens Park, 1800 12th St., Cayce | 12-6 p.m. | Free 🍂
- Jam Room Music Festival | Sat., Oct. 1 | 12-10 p.m. |1400 Block of Main Street | Free 🎵🎵
- Jerryfest | Sun., Oct 2 | | 2-10 p.m. | Harden Street Parking lot in Five Points | Free
- Rosewood Art and Music Festival | Sat., Oct. 15 | 11 a.m.-6 p.m. | 901 S Holly St. | Free 🎨
- Famously Hot SC Pride | Sat., Oct. 15 | 6 p.m. | Corner of Lady & Main Streets | Free
- Annual Autumn Faire | Sat. Nov. 5 |11 a.m.-4 p.m. | The Historic Robert Mills House, 1616 Blanding St. | Free