Raise your hand if you’ve been cooking more now that social distancing practices are in place. 🙋♀️ How many of y’all have also noticed that finding what you’re looking for in the grocery store has become more difficult?
We know our readers love fresh produce (+ supporting local), so we’ve put together a guide to farmers markets, produce stands and other options for picking up your fruit + veggie needs without having to enter the grocery store.
○ Weekdays 9 a.m.-6 p.m.
○ Curbside pickup available
“…they have the BEST boiled peanuts!” – @corleyk3
○ Produce stand
○ Monday-Saturday 9 a.m.-7 p.m., Sunday 10 a.m.-4 p.m.
“Squash and tomatoes were awesome. They have onions, Brussels sprouts, green beans. . . Well worth the trip!” – @dvarnedoe
○ Pick-your-own strawberries
○ Roadside stands in Sumter, Bower Pkwy., Harbison Blvd., Forest Dr., Clemson Rd. + Sunset Blvd.
Cottle Farms Strawberries | Photo via @theaprilblake
○ Weekly farm boxes with various pickup locations
○ Fresh food boxes – small: $15, large: $20
○ Order ahead + pick up
Food share box | Photo via @bjaded
○ CSA membership required
○ 12 consecutive weekly boxes (April-July)
○ Various pickup locations available
○ Farmer’s Market – call ahead + pick up
○ Monday, Wednesday, Friday + Saturday 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
○ Check their Instagram for updated dates for their essential goods market
○ Weekly produce package – $30/ box
○ Multiple options for pickup locations
○ Weekly produce baskets with home delivery
○ Large – $35 + small – $22
○ Monday-Saturday 11 a.m.-8 p.m., Sunday 11 a.m.-4 p.m.
Produce from Noma Bistro | Photo via @well_worthit
○ Home delivery CSA boxes
○ Tuesday-Sunday 11:30 a.m.-6:30 p.m.
○ Curbside pickup
○ Weekly produce box – $30
○ Pickup Tuesdays + Thursdays 10 a.m.-2 p.m.
○ Neighborhood deliveries available
“Super easy and friendly!” – @sam__i_am_
○ Monday-Friday 8 a.m.-4 p.m.
SC State Farmers Market | Photo via @bernitacooper
○ Open-air market
○ Monday-Saturday 8 a.m.-6 p.m., Sunday 1-6 p.m.
Check out a running list of available local produce here .