Springtime is here, y’all.
Pending anymore out-of-season, late frost situations, we will all be spending more time outdoors.
That means it’s the prime time for pollen, bees, and getting your garden started. And If you don’t have a green thumb, then maybe you can get your front yard looking fresh, green, and spring ready with new plants.
We saw a question on Reddit recently about where to find plants + garden supplies locally. So we figured now would be a good time to dig in, especially since the capital city has a variety of locally owned shops to check out, including the newest one — Leaf Lovers Plant Shop in Lexington.
If you’re looking for an event to help get all your shopping done at once, add the Midlands Plant and Flower sale to your calendar for later this week, April 8-11, at the State Farmers Market (3483 Charleston Hwy., West Columbia) from 10 a.m.-4 p.m. ProTip — this is a free event with parking.
Next month, the Home and Garden Show is returning to the State Fairgrounds May 21-23.
Here are a few local suggestions to help fill your cart.
- Cayce Farmers Market, 2329 Charleston Hwy., Cayce
- City Roots, 1005 Airport Blvd.
- Forest Lake Gardens, 5210 Trenholm Rd.
- Gardeners Outpost, 709 Woodrow St.
- Leaf Lovers Plan Shop, 720 E. Main St., Lexington
- Mill Creek Greenhouses, 2324 Leesburg Rd.
- Reese’s Plants, 10418 Wilson Blvd., Blythewood
- Seven Oaks Plant Shop, 4522 St. Andrews Rd.
- Southern Vistas Landscape and Garden Center, 2825 Commerce Dr.
- Steel Garden, Mobile plant truck
- Wingard’s Market, 1403 N. Lake Dr., Lexington
- Woodley’s Garden Center, 1067 Woodley’s Way + 2840 Dreher Shoals Rd.