The AmeriCorps VISTA project will seek to expand the capacity of the Gamecock pantry and expects to benefit at least 500 students experiencing food insecurity at the University of South Carolina July 18, 2022 - July 17, 2023. They will contribute to the goals of the project by performing activities such as community partnership engagement, program and event development and facilitation, and the recruiting, training, and management of volunteers over the course of one year.
The AmeriCorps member at the University of South Carolina will:
- Develop and implement anti-poverty education and training for volunteers.
- Build relationships with campus and community partnerships for ongoing food drives to provide healthy and nutritious food for Gamecocks.
- Build a strategic business operating plan for the pantry to ensure future sustainability addressing food insecurity across campus.
Benefits for this year of service include:
- Biweekly living allowance for this position is $575.40
- Access to professional development and training opportunities
- Choice of Education Award or End of Service Stipend
- Childcare assistance if eligible
- Health Coverage* (For details about AmeriCorps VISTA healthcare benefits, please visit http://www.vistacampus.gov/healthcare )
- Education award upon successful completion of service
- Relocation Allowance
The AmeriCorps member serving at the University of South Carolina will be part of a dynamic, motivated corps with Campus Compact AmeriCorps VISTA. Serving as a member of a corps provides the chance to connect with other members throughout multiple states, create a network of support, and share resources. As the intermediary, Campus Compact, a national non-profit, supports the professional and personal growth of AmeriCorps members through a variety of professional development opportunities and in-person trainings including overnight retreats throughout their service year. If you would like to learn more about serving with Campus Compact, please email our VISTA Leaders at [email protected]
University of South Carolina
How to Apply