Calling all biscuit, burger + bento box lovers. Your taste buds will be happy to hear several of the empty storefronts in Five Points have (or will) become home to new businesses before the end of the year. Check out this list below to get excited — and hungry.
Blue Pizza, 2123 Greene St.
- Recently opened in September + fully operating every day from 5-11 p.m.
- The NJ-style pizzeria offers classic + speciality pies, salads, smoothies, and more.
Furusato, 748 Harden St.
- Opening in November
- This Japanese-style grab-and-go market will offer pre-prepared bento style meals, like sushi, teriyaki + tempura dishes.
- The owners of Furusato also own Menkoi Ramen House.
- DYK — Furusato means “hometown” in Japanese?
Flying Biscuit Café, 936 Harden St.
- Opening in mid-November or early December
- This franchise location will offer all-day breakfast and feature classics like grits, biscuits, and chicken + waffles.
- Pro tip — There will be a new parking lot built behind the building so you won’t have to worry about finding a spot.
- Opening in late October or November
- This location will offer products from 2 different franchises. Gong Cha is an international bubble tea brand that makes everything on-site. Kremo specializes in gourmet ice cream rolls + uses natural, local ingredients.
Jack Brown’s Beer & Burger Joint, 711 Harden St.
- Opening on Sun., Oct. 31
- This franchise location will serve Wagyu beef patties, french fries, sweet potato fries + deep fried oreos.
- Pro tip — All locations are hiring.
In case you missed it, there’s also a new mural freshly-dried in Five Points. If you haven’t already, check it out.