A local Lexington landmark, Skate Station USA — that opened in 1987 — is getting a major makeover + will reopen next week as Sports & Skate Station.
Here’s what we know:
- The revitalization of Skate Station USA is the vision of Columbia resident Steve Ware — owner of River’s Edge Retreat.
- The renovated skating rink will also include batting cages, basketball, and an inside golf driving range.
- The grand re-opening will take place Jan., 13 from 6-9 p.m.
- The night of the grand opening through the weekend will feature special skating competitions + DJs.
- To celebrate the re-opening, anyone born in 1987 or earlier can enter a raffle to win a prize.
Here’s what we don’t know:
Which City Editor would win in a roller skating race, David or Sam? Stay tuned on the results, but until then, we’re wheely excited.