It’s 6 p.m., you’re done with work, and your porch is beckoning. Now, what to drink?
As much as we love a glass of red wine or a full-bodied stout, the SC heat tends to drive our drink tastes elsewhere come summer – so we asked the local experts at Bottles what they recommend.
Here are 7 popular, easy-drinking bevs that are perfect for summer + available now at Bottles through in-person shopping (with employees on-hand to offer additional customized recommendations), call/email-ahead order, and curbside pickup:
For beer drinkers 🍺
- Recommendation: New Sarum Brewing Company’s Netflix and Dill
- The deets: This savory, briny concoction is a sour that tastes like a pickle.
- Another round: Here are 8 more summer beers to try.
For wine lovers 🍷
- Recommendations: Vinho Verde, sparkling wines + spritzers
- The deets: Try Arca Nova Vinho Verde + Besson Rose Granit, both available at Bottles.
- Another round: You can’t go wrong with rosé.
For cocktail connoisseurs 🍸
- Recommendation: Post Meridiem canned cocktails
- The deets: Flavors include Margarita, Daiquiri, Gimlet, Old Fashioned + Mai Tai – no mixing necessary.
- Another round: We recommend pouring into a glass + adding your own garnish.
For seltzer fans 💧
- Recommendations: Basic Hard Seltzer + PRESS Hard Seltzer
- Sip on this: DYK? Since 2018, hard seltzer sales have skyrocketed. (We may have contributed to this.)
- Another round: Keep an eye out for sales on variety packs.