Happy Labor Day, and the start to a long weekend, Cola. While there’s plenty of options for weekend activities, we figured we’d take this opportunity to share some saucy secrets about the best BBQ in town. Don’t just take our word for it. Here’s a guide to what YOU voted as the best places + sauces to try around Columbia.
Here’s what you said when asked which BBQ sauce was your favorite + the place to get it in town:
- The mustard sauce at Hudson’s Smokehouse in Lexington — @allycathiking
- Mustard BBQ @thewarmouth – the best! — @____j_fo____
- Shealy’s vinegar based sauce — @erinpaterin
Alabama White Sauce:
- Southern belly white sauce. I tried it this week and it was amazing — @krystinapellerano
- @hometeambbqcola Alabama white ❤️🤤 — @i.deklaire
Our readers recommended:
- Shealy’s BBQ | 340 East Columbia Ave., Batesburg-Leesville
- Hometeam | 700 Harden St., Columbia
- Hites | 240 Dreher Rd., West Columbia
- City Limits | Food truck
- Palmetto Pig | 530 Devine St., Columbia
- Hudson’s Smokehouse BBQ | 4952 Sunset Blvd., Lexington
- Southern Belly BBQ | Colonial Life location — 1410 Colonial Life Blvd., Columbia | Five Points location — 19 Harden St., Columbia
- True BBQ | 1237 D Ave., West Columbia
- Railroad BBQ | 2001 Hampton St., Columbia
- Midwood Smokehouse | 702 Cross Hill Rd., Columbia
- Gooddaddy BBQ Sauce | Locally owned and operated in Lexington, SC. ProTip — pick up this sauce at one of these locations + eat at home.
- Warmouth | 1209 Franklin St., Columbia
Do you know what pairs well with BBQ? Beer. It’s also National Beer Lovers day, so check out our brewery guide, and If you have a furry friend that would like to wag along with you today, head to a local dog-friendly business for your BBQ + beer adventures.