Get ready to show some pride. 🌈
The 32nd year of SC Pride Parade & Festival is just around the corner, so clear your schedules Oct. 22-23 for all the festivities happening. We’re giving you a rundown of everything you need to know before you strut your rainbow.
Who: South Carolina Pride Movement is a Columbia-based nonprofit whose mission is to support LGBTQ+ lives, educate the public, celebrate diversity, and advocate for inclusion and equality.
What: SC Pride Parade + Festival is a weekend event umbrellaed under Famously Hot South Carolina Pride — an annual event put on by the South Carolina Pride Movement.
Where: All of the weekend’s events will be held in downtown Columbia on Main Street.
🌈 Thursday, Oct. 21
- Official Kick-Off Party | 10 p.m. | PT’s 1109
🌈 Friday, Oct. 22
- Get Lit Street Party Begins | 6 p.m. | Main Street
- Get Lit Night Time Pride Parade | 7:30 p.m. | Main Street from Laurel to Lady
- Get Lit Concert featuring Berlin | 8:30 p.m. | Main Street at Lady
- Get Lit After Party | 10 p.m. | The Capital Club
🌈 Saturday, Oct. 23
- Famously Hot SC Pride Festival | 12-9 p.m. | Main Street from Lady to Hampton
- Family Pride | 12-5 p.m. | Washington Street at Main | Hosted by Harriet Hancock LGBT Center
- Drag Story Time | Various times | Washington Street at Main | Hosted by Richland Library
- Famously Hot Ultra VIP Lounge | 1-6 p.m. | Columbia Museum of Art
- Aftermath After Party | 10 p.m. | The Senate
🌈 Sunday, Oct. 24
- Drag Brunch | 12-2 p.m. | The Woody on Main
These events are for everyone in our community. If you are wondering how you can get involved, check out the initiatives + resources for local businesses or see other ways you can participate in Columbia’s LGBTQ+ community.