We hope you’re thirsty — these 20 local drinkeries mixed up specials and deals exclusively for Drink Up Week. Keep reading to plan your delicious week of drinking local (Mon., July 25-Sun., July 31). Remember to use #DrinkUpCola on your social posts to share the fun.
As Well As, 3000 Rosewood Dr Suite 4-6
- Billion-Dollar Smoothie — This smoothie is all organic, no added sugar, + packed with açaí, blueberries, strawberries, cherries, spinach, banana, ginger, quinoa, pumpkin seeds, flax seeds, shiitake, digestive enzymes, + protein. That’s not all—they add the five most popular adaptogens: reishi, turkey tail, chaga, cordyceps + lion’s mane. This smoothie is topped with Granola, Chia seeds, cacao nibs, + your choice of peanut butter or almond butter drizzle.
Blue Moon Ballroom, 554 Meeting St, West Columbia
- Blue Moon Blueberry Bam Punch
Blūm, 2824 Devine St.
- In honor of COLAtoday blue, Blūm has created a blueberry cold brew with Cheerios cereal milk (oat).
- Happy hour Mon.-Fri. 4-6:30 pm includes $7 craft cocktails, $6 wine, $5 appetizers, $4 sake bombs
Cantina 76, 1301 Main St
- COLAToday Blue Margarita — Blueberry lavender/basil margarita — Casamigos tequila, fresh blueberry juice, housemade lavender/basil simple syrup, fresh squeezed lemon juice, and a splash of sparkling water.
- Aperol Spritz — Aperol, brut, sparkling water, and an orange slice
- Lavender Tequila Spritz — Casamigos Blanco tequila, crème de violette, house-made lavender syrup, brut and sparkling water, garnished with fresh blueberries.
Cantina 76, 2901-A Devine St.
- Pinarita — Lunazul Blanco, coconut cream, pineapple, lime + agave
Carolina Ale House, 277 Columbiana Dr.
- Carolina Min-Tea — Bulleit Bourbon, sweet tea, fresh-squeezed lemon juice, simple syrup, muddled fresh mint.
- Happy Hour — Caroline Ale House is the home of the $3 happy hour – $3 domestic draft, $3 house liquor, $3 house wine.
Drip, 729 Saluda Ave
- Drink Up with Drip’s “Brown Sugar Cardamom Latte” served iced or hot. We’ve been told it brings “pure joy and sends you to the moon and back.”
Hall’s Chophouse, 1221 Main St #150
- A portion of each sale of the “The 434” cocktail goes to Epworth Children’s Home.
Kao Thai Cuisine, 1001 Senate St. #300
- Sip of Silom — Absolut Pear, housemade lemongrass syrup, and ginger beer.
Loveland Coffee, 7475 Carlisle St, Irmo
- Loveland Coffee is adding Agar Boba — chewy, jelly-like pearls that are sweetened with brown sugar + cinnamon — to its cold brew. Add in brown sugar syrup and milk (or a milk alternative) for a fun refreshing summer treat.
Oliver Gospel Roastery, 1120 Taylor St.
- Oliver Gospel Roastery has two sweet specials that are perfect afternoon treats. Stop in and try the Peaches-n-Cream Frappe or the Bahama Sunrise made with passion tea, lemonade, and mango syrup.
Palmetto Wine Sellers, 2218 Devine St.
Peak Drift @ Smoked, 1643 Main St.
- Drink Special
- Peak Drift “Soda City Hard Seltzer” — A Cucumber and mint-flavored hard seltzer.
- Non-alcoholic drinks
- CBD Sparkling Water — 20mg per 12oz with flavors of grapefruit and lemon-lime blend with floral notes of CBD.
- Peak Drift Nitro Cold Brew Coffee — Locally-roasted Brazilian coffee beans from Iron Brew Coffee in Blythewood, SC Cold steeped in-house.
- Happy Hour
- Every day they have a $2 off Happy Hour special between 3-6 p.m.
Publico BullStreet, 2180 Boyce St. STE A
- Watermelon Mojito — Served in a fresh watermelon and mint puree, rum, lime, and simple
Publico Five Points, 2013 Greene St.
Coconut Punch — Served in a fresh coconut with pineapple, coconut rum, house-made sour, cherry
SakiTumi, 807 Gervais St #103
- Ecstasy Martini — Frankly’s organic pomegranate vodka and peach schnapps, with a splash of cranberry juice + pineapple. Bartenders “bruise” it in a shaker, pour it into a chocolate drizzled martini glass and then write messages to customers in chocolate sauce on top of the frothed cocktail.
Savage Craft Aleworks, 430 Center St., West Columbia
- Watermelon Julep — Old Forester 86 Bourbon, fresh watermelon juice, lemon, with a house-made coconut oolong tea syrup
- Havanaberry Daquiri — Havana Club Anejo Blanco Rum, lime juice, orgeat, with a house-made blueberry black tea syrup
- Savage Spritz — Ford’s gin, Aperol, Pampelmouse liqueur, rhubarb bitters and Jarritos grapefruit soda
- Peachin’ to the Choir — Grey Goose White Peach and Rosemary vodka, peach liqueur, peach nectar, lemon juice, house-made rosemary syrup and egg white
Steel Hands Brewing, 2350 Foreman St.
- Steel Hands Brewing is featuring its Coffee Lager and the new Steel Paws beer with proceeds that go towards the local police K9 programs around the Midlands. So far, it’s raised over $160,000.
Sweetwaters Coffee + Tea, 1002 Park St.
Wake up with this special and get to daydreaming. The Dreamy Cold Brew is made with cold brew, vanilla syrup, and heavy cream.
Swiff, 736 Harden St.
- Swiff’s cooked up a Caramel Cookie Dough Freddo, a shaken caramel espresso topped with its cookie dough cold foam. Plus, on Thurs., July 28 and Fri., 29, guests who purchase a beverage will receive a voucher for a free espresso-based drink to redeem at a later time
TakoSushi, 1332 Main St Ste 101
- Pineapple Jalapeno Margarita —Dulce Vida pineapple jalapeno tequila, Cointreau, pineapple juice, club soda, fresh jalapeno slice.
- Happy Hour — Drink and food specials offered Tues.-Fri. between 4-6 p.m.
Tazza Kitchen, 4840 Forest Dr #20
- Espress Yoself — Tequila coffee liqueur made in-house, Averna amaro, crème de cacao, and simple syrup
Transmission Arcade, 1712 Main St.
- Mention COLAtoday’s Drink Up Week during happy hour this week and receive $1 worth of free game tokens with your purchase.
Yachttail, available for purchase in retail stores Bottles, Green’s, Lowe’s Foods, Morganelli’s, Total Wine
- A new drink to the Cola market, Yachtail Sparkling Cocktail, was created here in Cola and is now available 41 different places around the state. The canned bev is perfect for your afternoon out on the boat.