You can’t spell friend without fried. The wafting aroma of fried food is one of the biggest indicators that the South Carolina State Fair — our state’s biggest event, featuring ~500,000 visitors — is returning.
So, what can you expect at the fair this year?
With nearly 70 rides, from heart-pounding high-flying adventures to timeless family favorites, here are some of the exciting rides you can expect:
- The Zipper: Returning with thrilling vertical G-forces, spins, and delightful surprises.
- The Wave Swinger: This ride tilts at its peak, offering a cooling breeze as it takes riders of all ages to new heights.
- Flying Dumbos: This kiddie ride sends young ones soaring.
- Double Decker Carousel: The enchanting double-decker carousel is making a comeback.
- Celebration Wheel: A 150-foot Ferris wheel that accommodates up to six people, providing breathtaking views of Columbia.
Pro tip: Purchase a Pay-One-Price (POP) voucher. Fairgoers can experience unlimited rides with a POP wristband. New this year — Pay-One-Price vouchers can be used to enjoy unlimited rides for any ride, including the 150-foot “Celebration Wheel.”
Guests can enjoy ~90 food vendors, including 13 new options. Get excited for options like:
- Billy G’s Carolina BBQ
- Pumpkin spice funnel cake
- Dill pickle pizza
- Donut dog
- Wisconsin cheese curds
- Fried salted caramel pretzel brownies
- Mighty mango tea
- Oliver Gospel Mission coffee
- See a map of the vendors here.
- CIRCUS | The circus will be performing three 40-minute-long shows each day. Shows begin at 2 p.m., 4:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m. The CIRCUS is free with admission + is located near the South Gate Entrance.
- Princess Diana: Accredited Access Exhibition | Immerse yourself in the life of Princess Diana with a unique walkthrough documentary showcasing iconic and intimate moments in Royal Family history from Diana’s perspective.
- Music | See a lineup of shows each night on the Pepsi Place Stage at 7 p.m.
- See more entertainment options here.
🐄 Don’t forget about
- Agriculture and livestock exhibits
- The pig races
- Located inside the Pro Kitchen Cookie Kitchen, Oliver Gospel Mission will be selling coffee. Buy a cup of coffee and a meal is given to a neighbor in need. Purchase coffee beans, and you provide shelter for someone experiencing homelessness.
- See more attraction options here.