You asked, we’re answering. A new and improved COLAtoday events calendar is here.
Or maybe you didn’t realize we even had an events calendar — consider this your ticket to the most fun and relevant events in Columbia, including:
- Columbia Fireflies vs. Charleston Riverdogs | Tue., Sep. 6 | 7 p.m. | Segra Park, 1640 Freed St. | $10 | Enjoy $2 hot dogs, popcorn, fountain sodas, and 12 oz cans of Miller Lite.
- Fallapalooza | Fri., Sep. 9 | 6 p.m. | Icehouse Amphitheater, 107 W Main St., Lexington | $18 | This event will feature three tribute bands, the gates will open at 6, and there will be food + drink for sale.
- AT THE HEART OF IT ALL | Sat., Sep. 10 | 8 p.m. | Trustus Theatre, 520 Lady St. | Free | Trustus Theatre is bringing 39 years of supporters and performers together for a two-night-only performance in honor of its founders, Jim and Kay Thigpen.
- Beginning Wheel Throwing Mondays | Mon., Sep. 12 | 6-8 p.m. | Columbia Art Center, 1227 Taylor St.| $90 | This course will provide students with the knowledge necessary to learn the basics of throwing pottery.
- Ribbon Cutting: Urban Wok | Thu., Sep. 15 | 3-5 p.m. | Urban Wok - 1033 Roberts Branch Pkwy. Suite 204 | Free | This event is a ribbon cutting + the grand opening of Urban Wok on Killian Road.
As Soda Citizens ourselves, we love making sure that Columbia has access to the most robust, relevant, and hyperlocal events calendar possible. In part, we rely on readers like you to keep us in the loop — start submitting your events now. (Just like before, you can add your event to our calendar for free but we’ve also added a few new paid promotional opportunities to take advantage of as well, starting at just $15.)
In addition to the hundreds of events that you can discover each month on our website, each issue of our newsletter features a dedicated events section, with our curated editorial picks for the upcoming week, organized by day. Keep scrolling just a little bit and you’ll see what we mean. Pro tip: click the link to see our full calendar if you want to start planning ahead.
Want to know which events we’re most excited about? Your friendly neighborhood City Editors (👋 that’s us, Sam + David) can often be found out and about at the newest restaurant openings, football games, festivals, and fairs — see what we’re up to in the Wrap section at the bottom of each newsletter or by following us on Instagram @COLAtoday.