This year’s National Volunteer Week is coming up April 12-24, and we’re gearing up to give back.
Here are 6 ways you can get involved with the help of United Way of the Midlands:
1. Read to students virtually 📚
- Join Boys and Girls Club as a guest reader for elementary students. Learn more + register.
2. Assist at the Salvation Army Family Store 🛍️
- Sort donations, hang clothes, move furniture, clean, and assist on the sales floor. Learn more + register.
3. Participate in the Changemaker Challenge *Virtual Youth Project* 🎨
- Join Youth Volunteer Corps in partnership with Student Rebuild in the Changemaker Challenge to identify + honor local community heroes using creativity and online art tools. Learn more + register.
4. Provide contactless delivery with Meals on Wheels 🚙
- Help deliver hot meals to elderly and disabled adults throughout Richland County. Learn more + register.
5. Support a Collection Drive 🧤
- Your purchased items will be shipped directly to United Way. Learn more.
6. Lift Up an Educator 🍎
- Help thank our educators by writing an encouraging note or card + dropping it at United Way of the Midlands (1818 Blanding St.) during business hours or in the mail. Learn more.