Table of Contents
Happy October, y’all. 🍁 We’re bringing you some of the top local events to help keep you connected. Things might look a bit different around here besides just the leaves changing.
Friday, October 1
- Steel Hands Oktoberfest | Fri., Oct. 1 | 12-11 p.m. | Steel Hands Brewing | Free | Enjoy German beer + food, along with live music + competitions. 🍻
- Isabel Law Breakfast Friday | Fri., Oct. 1 | 8-10 a.m. | Columbia City Hall | $10 | Join Mayor Benjamin for a breakfast to kick off his annual campaign against breast cancer.
- The Beach Boys | Fri., Oct. 1 | 7 p.m. | Township Auditorium | $49+ 🏄♂️
- Paul Cauthen | Fri., Oct. 1 | 7 p.m. | The Senate | $30 🎸
- Latin Caravan | Fri., Oct. 1 | 7-10 p.m. | Savage Craft Ale Works | Free 🎶
- Grace for President | Fri., Oct. 1- Sun., Oct. 3 | Showtimes vary | Columbia Children’s Theater | $5 | A music production that’s appropriate for all ages. 🎟️
- Family Flight Night | Fri., Oct. 1 | 6:30-9:30 p.m. | Hampton-Preston Gardens | $40+ | Watch Disney’s “Planes” and enjoy a food truck + craft for the kids. ✈️
- Hall of Horrors: Blood Moon Rising Haunted Attraction | Fri., Oct. 1- Sun., Oct. 31 | 8 p.m.-12 a.m. | 1153 Walter Price St., Cayce | $10+ | Check out their operation schedule to plan your visit. 💀
- 17th Annual Give to Gain Gala | Fri., Oct. 1 | 7-11 p.m. | Columbia Metropolitan Convention Center | $25+ | Proceeds benefit Special Olympics SC.
- GO BIG OR GO HOME! Painting Large Abstracts | Fri., Oct. 1-Sat., Oct. 2 | 11 a.m.-4 p.m. + 11 a.m.-3 p.m. | City Art, 1224 Lincoln St. | $175 | Set goals at the beginning of the class to advance your own style of art. 🎨
- Coors Light Pep Rally at Market on Main | Fri., Oct. 1 | 4-8 p.m. | 1320 Main St. | Free | Enjoy Coors Light specials, chances to win Gamecock raffle prizes (think: autographed merch + game tickets), interactive games, and live music every Friday before UofSC home games. Ⓟ
Saturday, October 2
- Cayce Fall Fest | Sat., Oct. 2 | 12-6 p.m. | Granby Gardens Park | Free | Enjoy fall festivities like live music, art vendors, a kids area + more. 🍁
- Savage Craft Oktoberfest | Sat., Oct. 2 | 1-10 p.m. | Savage Craft Ale Works | Free | Celebrate the debut of their Fall beer line-up. 🍺
- Barkin Boots n BBQ | Sat., Oct. 2 | 6-10 p.m. | PETSinc, 300 Orchard Dr., West Columbia | $30 | Tickets proceeds will benefit the rescue animals at PETSinc. 🍽️
- Dance 4 Life Breast Cancer Awareness Pink Party | Sat., Oct. 2 | 11 a.m.-4 p.m. | SC State House | Suggested $5 donation | Join the SC Line Dance Community for an afternoon of awareness. 🌸
- Autumn Harvest Stop & Shop | Sat., Oct. 2 | 11 a.m.-4 p.m. | Radius Church | Enjoy 50+ local vendors, food trucks, kids activities and more to benefit the local VFW. 🍂
- Art Along The Trail 2021 | Sat., Oct. 2 | 2-6 p.m. | Columbia’s Riverfront Park | Free | Bring the whole family to explore painting, pottery, recyclable art + more. 🎨
- H3RO Album Leak Show | Sat., Oct. 2 | 8 p.m. | New Brookland Tavern | $8 🎸
- FAUXLAPALOOZA— Nevermind + Angrychair | Sat., Oct. 2 | 8 p.m.-12 a.m. | The Senate | $15+ | Music from Nirvana + Alice in Chains tribute bands. 🤘
- Art Class: Experimental Digital Photography | Sat., Oct. 2 + Sat., Oct. 9 | 1-4 p.m. | Columbia Museum of Art | $70; $56 for members | Students experiment with photographic techniques to create works inspired by the exhibition 30 Americans + the CMA collection. Participants must provide their own digital camera. Ⓟ
Sunday, October 3
- JerryFest | Sun., Oct. 3 | 2-10 p.m. | The Fountain at Five Points | Free | Deadheads can enjoy a day of outdoor concerts, vendors, food, drinks + more. 🎶
- Bullets and Bandaids: The Next Chapter | Sun., Oct. 3 | Bourbon Columbia | $30+ | This fundraiser features an art exhibition + supports the veteran-centric art therapy nonprofit. 🩹
- Bloody Mary Yoga | Sun., Oct. 3 | 9-10 a.m. | The Grand | $30 | Tickets include 1 hour of yoga + 2 bloody marys. 🧘
- Yoga with Baby Goats | Sun., Oct. 3 | 4-5 p.m. or 5:30-6:30 p.m. | Fit Columbia | $27 🐐
- Joe Hertler & The Rainbow Seekers | Sun., Oct. 3 | 7 p.m. | The Main Course | $15
- Daybreak Ministries Race for LIFE 5K | Sat. Oct. 23 | 8-10 a.m. | Saluda Shoals Park, 5606 Bush River Rd. | Free | Walk or run to support Daybreak Ministries’ mission of providing free pregnancy resources, STI testing, and compassionate community care. Bonus: a delicious pancake breakfast will be provided. 🏃Ⓟ
Monday, October 4
- Fozzy | Mon., Oct. 4 | 6 p.m. | The Main Course | $20 🎸
- Monday Night Out: Glow Yoga! | Mon., Oct. 4 | 8 p.m. | Stone River | $28 | Tickets include 1 hour of glow yoga, a glow-in-the-dark cocktail + light snacks. 🌟
- Chubby’s Burgers at WeCo | Mon., Oct. 4 | 5-8 p.m. | WeCo Bottle and Biergarten | Price of purchase 🍔
Tuesday, October 5
- Community Concert | Tues., Oct. 5 | 6-7:15 p.m. | Curiosity Coffee Bar | Free | Enjoy a concert featuring a solo cellist + string duos. 🎻
- Chamber Issues Forum | Tues., Oct. 5 | 8-9 a.m. | Richland Library Main + online | Free | City council candidates will introduce themselves + answer questions from members of the community.
- Foodie Trivia Night | Tues., Oct. 5 | 6 p.m. | Let’s Cook Culinary Studio | $60 | Celebrate their 14th anniversary with trivia + an artichoke-themed 4-course meal. 🍴
- Artist Entrepreneur Incubator: Hit the Right Notes - Music | Tues., Oct. 5 | 6-7:30 p.m. | Online | $10 | Learn the basics of how to create income streams as a performing musician.
- The Nature of Fall with Rudy Mancke | Tues., Oct. 5 | 12-1 p.m. | UofSC McKissick Museum | Free | Explore nature with UofSC’s naturalist-in-residence. 🍁
Wednesday, October 6
- Evening for Educators | Wed., Oct. 6 | 4:30-6:30 p.m. | Columbia Museum of Art | Free | Educators are invited to explore the newest exhibit while enjoying wine + snacks. 🍎
- 2022 SC African American History Calendar Unveiling | Wed., Oct. 6 | 7-9 p.m. | Koger Center for the Arts | Free | Registration is required to attend.
- Lourie Lectures: Heirloom Plants and More | Wed., Oct. 6 | 1-2 p.m. | Hampton-Preston Mansion + Gardens | $10+ | These continuing education courses provide engaging discourse for adults over 50 + they’re also offered online. 🌿
- Goodwill is coming to Chapin — shop deals + enter to win an iPad8 | Wed., Oct. 6 | 9 a.m.-9 p.m. | 524 Columbia Ave., Chapin | Price of purchase | Goodwill offers amazing deals on clothes, household goods, and more that fund free job training and placement services — shop on opening day + enter to win an iPad8. Ⓟ
Thursday, October 7
- Vista After Five | Thurs., Oct. 7 | 5:30 p.m. | Tin Roof | Free | This show will feature Dear Blanca & Marshall Brown.
- Collective Soul and Better than Ezra | Thurs., Oct. 7 | 7 p.m. | Township Auditorium | $39+ 🎶
- The Catalinas | Thurs., Oct. 7 | 6:30-9:30 p.m. | Icehouse Amphitheater | Free | Enjoy music and food + drinks from a variety of vendors.
- 24th Carolina Downhome Blues Festival | Thurs., Oct. 7- Sun., Oct. 10 | Multiple Kershaw County venues | $15+ | Purchase a wristband from the Arts Center of Kershaw County to gain access to performances throughout the entire festival.
- Shelby Raye | Thurs., Oct. 7 | 7-10 p.m. | Savage Craft Ale Works | Free 🎤
- Wine and Design Class | Thurs., Oct. 7 | 6-7:30 p.m. | Mad Platter | $26 | Decorate a travel mug while you sip on your favorite wine. 🍷
Friday, October 8
- Oyster Roast | Fri., Oct. 8 | 6-9 p.m. | Steel Hands Brewing | Price of purchase | If you can’t make it today, there are also roasts planned for Oct. 22 + Oct. 28. 🦪
- 2021 Fall Plant and Flower Festival | Fri., Oct. 8- Sun., Oct. 10 | Times vary | SC State Farmers Market | Free | Shop seasonal plants, flowers, decor + more. 🍂
- Cody Jinks | Fri., Oct. 8 | 7 p.m. | Township Auditorium | $35+ 🎟️
- Willow Hill | Fri., Oct. 8 | 7-10 p.m. | Savage Craft Ale Works | Free
- 84— Van Halen Tribute | Fri., Oct. 8 | 8 p.m. | The Senate | $15+ 🎸
- Integrity Ink SC Grand Opening | Fri., Oct. 8 | 6-9 p.m. | 514 Gervais St. | Free | Check out the new shop and enjoy music, food + a raffle. 📍
Saturday, October 9
- Oktoberfest | Sat., Oct. 9 | 12 p.m. | Columbia Craft | Free | There will be 3 new beer drops, themed merch, German food + polka music. 🥨
- Lagerfest at River Rat | Sat., Oct. 9 | 12-10 p.m. | River Rat Brewery | Price of purchase | Enjoy select $4 beers all day long, along with food specials. 🍻
- Palmetto Peanut Boil | Sat., Oct. 9 | 12-6 p.m. | 2925 Devine St. | Price of purchase | 100% of proceeds will go to Animal Mission of the Midlands. 🥜
- Fall Craft and Vendor Fair | Sat., Oct. 9 | 9 a.m.-2 p.m. | Brookland Baptist Church, 1066 Sunset Blvd, West Columbia | Free | Explore vendors and try out one of the “Make + Take” craft stations. 🛍️
- Ivy House Flea Market Flip | Sat., Oct. 9 | 10 a.m.-5:30 p.m. | 10511 Two Notch Rd., Elgin | Bring your creativity and find your diamond in the rough to transform.
- Outdoor Book Sale | Sat., Oct. 9 | 9 a.m.-3:30 p.m. | Irmo Branch Library | Price of purchase | Shop a wide selection of fiction, nonfiction + children’s books. 📚
- Young Filmmaker Focus | Sat., Oct. 9- Sun., Oct. 10 | 9 a.m.-5 p.m. + 11 a.m.-1 p.m. | Nickelodeon Theater | $7+ | Aspiring high school filmmakers will participate in discussions + learn from professionals. 🎥
- Fall Jam at the Ballpark | Sat., Oct. 9 | 4:30 p.m. | Segra Park | $15+ | Ticket proceeds will benefit veterans. 🎵
- Everclear | Sat., Oct. 9 | 7 p.m. | The Senate | $30+ 🎸
- Earth, Wind & Fire | Sat., Oct. 9 | 8 p.m. | Township Auditorium | $47.50+ 🕺
- Mendelssohn’s “Scottish” Symphony | Sat., Oct. 9 | 7:30 p.m. | Koger Center for the Arts | $16+ | Join the SC Philharmonic for this season-opening concert. 🎻
- 30 Americans Opening Day Lecture with Xaviera Simmons | Sat., Oct. 9 | 11 a.m.-12 p.m. | Columbia Museum of Art | Free with membership or admission | On opening day of the epic exhibition 30 Americans, hear from one of the artists, Xaviera Simmons, whose sweeping artistic practice engages the construction of landscape, language, and the complex histories of the U.S. and its continuing empire-building. Ⓟ
Sunday, October 10
- Cas Haley | Sun., Oct. 10 | 7 p.m. | The Main Course | $15
- Osara, The Almas, Once Around, The Transonics | Sun., Oct. 10 | 7-10 p.m. | New Brookland Tavern | $8 🎶
- Southern Sugar Book Signing | Sun., Oct. 10 | 11 a.m. 2 p.m. | The Warehouse, 312 State St., West Columbia | Free | Meet the author, Belinda Sullivan-Smith, and sample recipes from her new cookbook. 🍰
- Columbia City Ballet’s Nutcracker Auditions | Sun., Oct. 10 | 2:30-3:30 p.m. | Art Center of Kershaw County, 810 Lyttelton St., Camden | $20 | Auditions are open to all ages and participants should adhere to the dress code. 👯
- Polka, Pilsner, and Probst! | Sun., Oct. 10 | 12-4 p.m. | Ebenezer Lutheran Church, 1301 Richland St. | $5 | Celebrate Oktoberfest with traditional polka music from Mountain Top Polka Band, hot bratwurst from Wurst Wagon, and cold beer from Smoked in the Ebenezer Lutheran courtyard. Ⓟ
Monday, October 11
- Cinderella’s Ball | Mon., Oct. 11 | 6-9 p.m. | 701 Whaley | $30 | A father-daughter dance, complete with food, dancing + fun. 👑
- Book Talk: The Rage of Innocence, with author Kris Henning | Mon., Oct. 11 | 6:30-9:30 p.m. | UofSC School of Law | Free | Attendees are encouraged to register to reserve their seats. 📖
- Irish Real Men Wear Pink Trivia | Mon., Oct. 11 | 6:30 p.m. | O’Hara’s Public House, 131 E. Main St., Lexington | Free | Grab your pink + enjoy a fun night for breast cancer awareness. 💕
- Monthly Guignard Neighborhood Association Meeting | Mon., Oct. 11 | 6:30-8 p.m. | West Columbia Community Center | Free | Join neighbors, West Columbia PD + city council representatives for a conversation about the city.
Tuesday, October 12
- Bierkeller at the Riverfront: Kickoff | Tues., Oct. 12 | 5:30-8:30 p.m. | Columbia’s Riverfront Park | Price of purchase | Enjoy the first Tuesday of German beer + brats. 🍻
- Harry Potter Trivia | Tues., Oct. 12 | 7-9 p.m. | The Main Course | Free | Prizes will be awarded to winners. 🪄
- Business Over Breakfast | Tues., Oct. 12 | 7:30-8:30 a.m. | RADIUS Church, 300 W. Main St., Lexington | $10 | Join Lexington chamber shareholders + hear the keynote address from Lou Kennedy, president + CEO of Nephron Pharmaceuticals. ☕
- Master Gardeners: House Plants | Tues., Oct. 12 | 1 p.m. | Lexington County Library | Free 🌿
Wednesday, October 13
- Microwave, Elder Brother, Taking Meds, Weakened Friends | Wed., Oct. 13 | 6-11 p.m. | New Brookland Tavern | $16 🎸
- Marc Rebillet | Wed., Oct. 13 | 7:30 p.m. | The Senate | $41+
- Oktoberfest 2021 | Wed., Oct. 13- Sun., Oct. 17 | Times vary | Angry Fish Brewing Company | Price of purchase | Enjoy German-themed music, food + beer. 🍻
- Contractors for Hope | Wed., Oct. 13 | 5-9 p.m. | Steel Hands Brewing | Free | Enjoy beer and live music to benefit Harvest Hope Food Bank.
- The South Carolina State Fair | Wed., Oct. 13-Sun., Oct. 24 | Hours vary by day | SC State Fairgrounds | $10 through Oct. 12 | The South Carolina State Fair is back in person for 12 days of exhibits, competitions, food, rides, entertainment and the free, daily “CIRCUS at the Fair.” Ⓟ
Thursday, October 14
- Storytime in the Garden | Thurs., Oct. 14 | 2-2:45 p.m. + 3:15-4 p.m. | Robert Mills House and Gardens | Free | Register in advance for Halloween-themed stories, songs + activities. 🎃
- Wine 101 | Thurs., Oct. 14 | 6-7 p.m. + 7:30-8:30 p.m. | femme X COLUMBIA | $30 | Enjoy an evening of wine education + tasting. 🍷
- “Blankets & Bands” Free Concert Series | Thurs., Oct. 14 | 5:30 p.m. | Camden Town Green, 1011 Market St., Camden | Free | Enjoy a concert from Columbia-based quartet Gabriel Lopez & Friends.
30th and Final Anita Hill Celebration | Thurs., Oct. 14 | 6-7:30 p.m. | Boyd Plaza | Free | RSVP for SC’s largest networking opportunity for women.
- Noel Lindler & The Bank Walkers LANCO After Party | Thurs., Oct. 14 | 10 p.m.-2 a.m. | Tin Roof | Free
- Vista After 5 with Whit’s End | Thurs., Oct. 14 | 5:30 p.m. | Tin Roof | Free 🎤
- Aim High x The Second After 2021 Southeast Tour | Thurs., Oct. 14 | 8 p.m. | The Main Course | $10
- The Unumb Center Social | Thurs., Oct. 14 | 5-9 p.m. | Steel Hands Brewing | $10+ | This event will feature an online silent auction + an in-person gathering live music, beer tokens + more.
- Focal Points: Boisterous Black Angels | Thurs., Oct. 14 | 6-7 p.m. | Columbia Museum of Art | $8+ | A gallery talk on on all things Black, queer, and fabulous. 🖼️
- Tequila Sunset Yoga | Thurs., Oct. 14 | 6-7 p.m. | Stone River | $20 | Participate in a yoga class while enjoying riverfront views + a cocktail. 🍹
- Candle Pouring Workshop | Thurs., Oct. 14 | 6:30-8:30 p.m. | NoMa Warehouse | $60 | Tickets include a bottle of wine + the materials to make 2 candles. 🕯️
- “Amityville” at Theatre Mysterium | Thurs., Oct. 14- Sun., Oct. 31 | Times vary | CMFA, 914 Pulaski St. | $20 | See the world premiere of the very first live play about the infamous house at 112 Ocean Avenue in Long Island, NY. 🏚️
Friday, October 15
- Steel Garden Plant Pop-Up | Fri., Oct. 15 | 4-7 p.m. | Graduate Columbia | Price of purchase 🌿
- Hocus Pocus at the Drive-In | Fri., Oct.15 | 5-8:45 p.m. | Saluda Shoals Park | $15 | Enjoy various food trucks and then settle in for a Halloween classic. 🪄
- MercyMe | Fri., Oct. 15 | 7 p.m. | Colonial Life Arena | $28+ | The clear bag policy will be implemented.
- Beatles vs. Stones - A Musical Showdown | Fri., Oct. 15 | 8 p.m. | The Senate | $25+
- HELLZAPOPPIN CIRCUS SIDESHOW | Fri., Oct. 15 | 7 p.m. | New Brookland Tavern | $20+ | Enjoy entertainment from this group of daredevils, some of whom have been featured in Ripley’s Believe it or Not. 🎪
- Rumors | Fri., Oct. 15- Fri., Oct. 22 | Times vary | Trustus Theater | $15+ | Enjoy a laugh-out-loud comedy from legendary playwright Neil Simon. 🤣
- Frozen Jr. | Fri., Oct. 15- Sun., Oct. 17 | Times vary | Meadow Glen Middle School, 440 Ginny Ln., Lexington | $8+ | Join the Columbia Children’s Theater for its version of the popular Disney musical. ❄️
- Coors Light Pep Rally at Market on Main | Fri., Oct. 15 | 4-8 p.m. | 1320 Main St. | Free | Enjoy Coors Light specials, chances to win Gamecock raffle prizes (think: autographed merch + game tickets), interactive games, and live music every Friday before UofSC home games. Ⓟ
Saturday, October 16
- Gamecocks Football vs. Vanderbilt | Sat., Oct. 16 | 4 p.m. | Williams Brice Stadium | $29+ 🏈
- 2021 Pumpkin Run and Fun Walk | Sat., Oct. 16 | 7 a.m.-12 p.m. | NorthWest Family YMCA, 1501 Kennerly Rd., Irmo | $10+ | Wear your favorite costume to be entered into the costume contest. 🎃
- Walk for Freedom | Sat., Oct. 16 | 10 a.m. | Main Street | Free | Participate in global anti-human trafficking nonprofit A21’s day of awareness.
- Run with all your Heart 5K Fun Run | Sat., Oct. 16 | 9 a.m. | Segra Park | $30 | All ages + running abilities can participate in this event to raise awareness for childhood cancer research.
- “So, You Want to be a Zookeeper?” | Sat., Oct. 16 | 1:30-3:30 p.m. | Online | $10 | Students ages 10-18 can learn more about what life is like behind the scenes at the zoo. 🦒
- Steinfest 2021 | Sat., Oct. 16 | 12-10 p.m. | Hazelwood Brewing | Price of Purchase | Taste the new Steinbeer collection while enjoying live music and German-inspired food from Griffin Chophouse. 🍻
- The Magic Rob Lake | Sat., Oct. 16 | 7:30 p.m. | Harbison Theater at Midlands Technical College | $35+ | See the world-renowned magician who appeared on America’s Got Talent. 🎩
- Mothers Finest | Sat., Oct. 16 | 8 p.m. | The Senate | $23+ 🎸
- Another Rock Summer Live | Sat., Oct. 16 | 9-10:30 p.m. | Bourbon Columbia | Free | Throw back to the 80s and 90s while sipping on bourbon.
- Ashley Wright + Station Seven Band | Sat., Oct. 16 | 7-10 p.m. | Indah Coffee | Free 🎶
- NeverFall, MNRVA, HolyRoller, Doomsday Profit | Sat., Oct. 16 | 8:30 p.m. | Art Bar | Cover charge TBD
- The 803 | Sat., Oct. 16 | 7-10 p.m. | Savage Craft Ale Works | Free
Sunday, October 17
- Yoga x Brunch | Sun., Oct. 17 | 9-10 a.m. | Steel Hands Brewing | $15 | Register in advance + bring your own mat. 🧘
- Pop and Shop | Sun., Oct. 17 | 12:30-3 p.m. | NoMa Warehouse | Free | Shop some of the best fashion pop-ups in Columbia while enjoying live music + mimosas. 🛍️
- EarleJam | Sun., Oct. 17 | 1-6 p.m. | Amphitheater at Earlewood Park | Free | Enjoy a lineup of live music, along with Los Chicanos + Curiosity Coffee Bar food trucks. 🎶
- Richland 1 School District Candidate Forum | Sun., Oct. 17 | 3-4:30 p.m. | Richland Library Online | Free | Learn more about 3 of the 4 candidates running for the at-large seat in the upcoming special election.
- Saxe Gotha Drive Thru Fall Festival | Sun., Oct. 17 | 4-7 p.m. | Saxe Gotha Presbyterian Church, 5503 Sunset Blvd., Lexington | Free | Enjoy a trunk or treat, candy + games. 🍫
- Few Miles South | Sun., Oct. 17 | 5-8 p.m. | Savage Craft Ale Works | Free
- Sarah Shook & The Disarmers w/ She Returns From War | Sun., Oct. 17 | 7-11 p.m. | New Brookland Tavern | $13+ 🎶
Monday, October 18
- October Wine Dinner | Mon., Oct. 18 | 6 p.m. | Hendrix | $125 | Tickets include a 5-course dinner + wine pairings. 🍷
- Mayors Forum | Mon., Oct. 18 | 4-5 p.m. | UofSC Russell House | Free | Learn more about the City of Columbia mayoral candidates.
- Code Orange | Mon., Oct. 18 | 6 p.m. | New Brookland Tavern | $25 🎶
- 4th Annual Family Fun Fall Festival | Mon., Oct. 18 | 6-8:30 p.m. | Skate Station USA, 129 Oak Dr, Lexington | $3+ | Get dressed up for a costume contest, skating, treats + more. 👻
Tuesday, October 19
- 2000’s “Night at the Club” Music Bingo | Tues., Oct. 19 | 7-10 p.m. | THE GRAND | Free 💿
- Film Screening- Pray Away | Tues., Oct. 19 | 7 p.m. | 1013 Coop, 1013 Duke Ave. | Free | Join the Agape Table for a Netflix documentary screening + panel discussion.
- 5th Annual BIA Cornhole Tournament | Tues., Oct. 19 | 4:30 p.m. | Savage Craft Ale Works | $100 | Pricing covers a 2-person team + spectators are welcome for free.
- Botany Walk on the Horseshoe | Tues., Oct. 19 | 11 a.m.-12 p.m. | UofSC McKissick Museum | Free | Learn more about native plants in Columbia. 🌴
- The Mersey Beatles | Tues., Oct. 19 | 7:30-10:30 p.m. | The Main Course | $35+ 🎤
- Charleston Open Source Virtual Career Fair | Tues., Oct. 19 | 11 a.m.-12:30 p.m. | Virtual | Free | Meet some of Charleston’s top tech companies and learn more about available positions + how to grow your career in Charleston’s tech industry. Ⓟ
- Panel Discussion: Identity and Power in Cultural Economies | Thurs., Oct. 28 | 6:30-8 p.m. | Columbia Museum of Art, 1515 Main St. | $5-15 | Artist Michaela Pilar Brown is joined by artists Andrea Chung + Jessica Scott-Felder for a conversation about identity against a backdrop of increased national anxiety around issues of race and inclusion. Ⓟ
Wednesday, October 20
- Let’s Talk Race: A Conversation with Jodie Patterson | Wed., Oct. 20 | 6:30-7:30 p.m. | Richland Library Online | Free | Join in the celebration of SC Black Pride + Famously Hot SC Pride. 🏳️🌈
- Boo at the Zoo | Wed., Oct. 20 - Sat., Oct. 30 | Riverbanks Zoo and Garden | $12+ | Dress up in your best costumes and explore the zoo after hours for a family fun trick or treating event. 👻
Thursday, October 21
- Focal Points: Queer Eye | Thurs., Oct. 21 | 5:30-6:30 p.m. | Columbia Museum of Art | $5+ | Celebrate SC Pride + National Coming Out Day with this gallery talk. 🌈
- Vista After 5 with Sister Hazel | Thurs., Oct. 21 | 5:30 p.m. | Tin Roof | Free
- Filmore | Thurs., Oct. 21 | 8 p.m. | The Main Course | $10
- Beer and Brats on Boyd Plaza | Thurs., Oct. 21 | 5:30-8:30 p.m. | Boyd Plaza | $15+ | Ticket price includes live music, a food plate, 2 drink tickets + admission to the CMA.
- Tiny Alley Concert— Kenny George Band | Thurs., Oct. 21 | 6-7 p.m. | 705 Gervais St. | Free 🎶
- Turnover, Widowspeak, Temple of Angels | Thurs., Oct. 21 | 6 p.m. | New Brookland Tavern | $25
- The Price is Right Live | Thurs., Oct. 21 | 7:30 p.m. | Township Auditorium | $35+ | If you want the chance to participate, head to the registration area 3 hours prior to showtime. 🏷️
Friday, October 22
- Trunk or Treat | Fri., Oct. 22 | 5:30-7 p.m. | Robert Mills House | Free | Bring the kids to go trunk to trunk to collect candy or register to decorate your own vehicle. 🍭
- Caraboose and the Curse of the Sleeping Beauty | Fri., Oct. 22 | 7:30 p.m. | Koger Center | $18 | Enjoy Columbia Classical Ballet Company’s take on this classic story.
- Fall Social for Senior Adults | Fri., Oct. 22 | 11 a.m.-1 p.m. | Trenholm Park | $10 | Register in advance + bring your dancing shoes. 🍂
- SC Pride Parade & Festival | Fri., Oct. 22-Sat Oct., 23 | Times Vary | Main Street | Free | Check out the full schedule to find times for the parade, concert, festival + more. 🏳️🌈
- Fallapalooza | Fri., Oct. 22 | 6-10 p.m. | Icehouse Amphitheater | $15 | Enjoy music from tribute bands covering the Foo Fighters, The Stone Temple Pilots + Pearl Jam. 🎶
- Cozy Donation Weekend with The Blood Connection | Fri., Oct. 22-Sat Oct., 23 | 7 a.m.-5 p.m. | The Blood Connection Lexington Center, 5141 Sunset Blvd., Lexington | Free | Receive a free blanket + TBC reward points when you give blood this weekend. Ⓟ
Saturday, October 23
- Hippie Fest | Sat., Oct. 23-Sun., Oct. 24 | 12-7 p.m. | Columbia Speedway Amphitheater | $10+ | Tickets will only be available online + prior to the event. ☮️
- Spooky Saturday | Sat., Oct. 23 + Sat., Oct. 30 | 10 a.m.-5 p.m. | SC State Museum | $7.95+ | Kids under the age of 12 will get free admission if they wear costumes and all guests can enjoy special Halloween-themed shows + tours.
- LGBTQ Columbia History Initiative | Sat., Oct. 23 | 12-7 p.m. | Main Street | Free | Join Historic Columbia + UofSC Libraries as they launch a project centered around Columbia’s LGBTQ+ Community.
- Fight Savagely - Drink Pink | Sat., Oct. 23 | 10 a.m.-11 p.m. | Savage Craft Ale Works | Free | Participate in a breast cancer awareness donation day with raffles, shopping + limited edition t-shirts. 💕
- Pumpkin Carving Contest | Sat., Oct. 23 | 3-6 p.m. | Saluda Shoals Park | $3 | Bring your own pumpkin + decorating materials and enter the contest. 🎃
- Steve Martin & Martin Short | Sat., Oct. 23 | 8 p.m. | Township Auditorium | $75+ | Doors open at 7 p.m. for this comedy show. 🤣
- Rocky Horror Show | Shows Sat., Oct. 23 + Sun., Oct. 24 | 6:30 p.m. | The Main Course | $25 | Enjoy a unique performance of the classical musical on the main stage.
- Columbia R&B Fest | Sat., Oct. 23 | 7 p.m. | Colonial Life Arena | $80+ | Enjoy music from a lineup of artists, including Keith Sweat, Bobby Brown + Brian McKnight. 🎤
- SC Pride’s Aftermath Party | Sat., Oct. 23 | 10 p.m. | The Senate | $15+ | This show will be headlined by RuPaul’s Drag Race.
- Going Commando | Sat., Oct. 23 | 7-10 p.m. | Savage Craft Ale Works | Free
Sunday, October 24
- Pride Drag Brunch | Sun., Oct. 24 | 10 a.m.- 4 p.m. | The Woody on Main | $15+ | A portion of ticket proceeds will be donated to SC Pride. 🏳️🌈
- Columbia Out of the Darkness Walk | Sun., Oct. 24 | 1-4 p.m. | Columbia Canal and Riverfront Park | Donation varies | Walk to raise awareness about suicide prevention and honor those who have been impacted. 🎗️
- Art & Yoga | Sun., Oct. 24 | 1-2:30 p.m. | Aloft Yoga, 208 Candi Ln. | $30 | Paint your own wooden sign + participate in a yoga class while it dries. 🧘♀️
- Prettier than Matt | Sun., Oct. 24 | 5-8 p.m. | Savage Craft Ale Works | Free
- Plastic Cup Boyz | Sun., Oct. 24 | 7 p.m. | The Comedy House, 2768 Decker Blvd. | $20 | This comedy duo is coming to Cola after traveling the world supporting Kevin Hart. 🤣
- Tea Talk: LGBTQ+ and Healthcare | Sun., Oct. 24 | 1-3 p.m. | femme x Columbia, 1501 Richland St. | Free | Join YLS for afternoon tea, coffee and light refreshments during a community conversation about healthcare, mental illness, and homelessness in the Midlands. Ⓟ
Monday, October 25
- Portrayal of Guilt, Wvrm, Glass, and To Forget | Mon., Oct. 25 | 6 p.m. | New Brookland Tavern | $12+
- From the Pumpkin Patch: Spooky Tales for the Whole Family | Mon., Oct. 25 | 4-4:45 p.m. | Richland Library Online | Free | Join master storyteller Donna Washington to get into the spooky spirit. 🕷️
- Spurs Up for St. Jude x Chipotle Fundraiser | Mon., Oct. 25 | 5-9 p.m. | Chipotle, 619 Gervais St. | Price of purchase | Tell the cashier you’re supporting the cause + a portion of proceeds will be donated to St. Jude. 🌯
- HSV Chef Collaboration Dinner presents Chef Nia Gaillard | Wed., Oct. 27 | 6-9 p.m. | 1207 Hampton St. | $68 | Hampton Street Vineyard’s Chef Nia Gaillard presents a 5-course tasting menu with 8 wine pairings chosen by HSV’s Advanced Sommelier Chelsea Carrier. 🍷 Ⓟ
- Camp Cole’s Spooky Spirits Bash | Fri., Oct. 29 | 7-11 p.m. | 800 Gervais St. | $100+ | Tickets include food, drinks, music, a costume contest + more, with proceeds helping Camp Cole give campers with disabilities, illnesses, and life challenges a world-class camping experience. Ⓟ
Tuesday, October 26
- Halloween Movie Trivia | Tues., Oct. 26 | 7-9 p.m. | The Main Course | Free 🎃
- EDI for Organizations— Embrace Your Future | Tues., Oct. 26 | 6-7 p.m. | Richland Library Online | Free | Register in advance for this workshop.
- Steve Hofstetter | Tues., Oct. 26 | 7 p.m. | The Main Course | $25+
Wednesday, October 27
- Cherub | Wed., Oct. 27 | 9 p.m. | The Senate | $23+ 🎶
- Career… Encore! Workforce Wednesday | Wed., Oct. 27 | 11 a.m.-12 p.m. | Richland Library Online | Free | Everyone is welcome to meet career coaches + employers in this no-pressure environment.
- Cayce Roundtable Information Fair | Wed., Oct. 27 | 6 p.m. | La Estrella, 1921 Airport Blvd., Cayce | Free | Members of the Hispanic community are invited to meet with the new Cayce Police Chief + the officers of the Cayce Police Department.
- Recruiting & Retaining Talent | Wed., Oct. 27 | 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m. | Lexington Chamber, 311 W. Main St. | $10 | Learn about how to help your business during a labor market shortage.
- Unbound Dance Presents One | Wed., Oct. 27 + Thurs., Oct. 28 | Times vary | 701 Whaley | $35+ | Check out the multi-genre show that was originally scheduled for August. 💃
- Noir at the Bar | Wed., Oct. 27 | 7 p.m. | The Aristocrat, 1001 Washington St. | Free | 8 local + published authors will take turns reading some of their work. 📚
- SC Wildlife Federation 90th Anniversary Celebration | Wed., Oct. 27 | 6-10 p.m. | Central Energy, 2030 Gregg St. | $75 | Enjoy roasted oysters, heavy hors d’oeuvres, a full open bar, local craft beer + a live band. 🎉
- Fall for WIP | Wed., Oct. 27 | 5:30-7:30 p.m. | River Rat Brewery | Free for WIP members, $10 for guests | Join Women in Philanthropy for their annual kickoff — bring your family, meet other members, and learn about the positive changes WIP is making in our community for women and children. Ⓟ
Thursday, October 28
- Harvest Beer Dinner | Thurs., Oct. 28 | 6-9 p.m. | Good Life Cafe | $60 | A vegan 3-course meal paired with autumn beers. 🍻
- Pumpkin Palooza | Thurs., Oct. 28 | 5-7 p.m.. | Fawcett Farms, 10151 Garners Ferry Rd. | Free | Join Camp Cole for food, drinks, games + prizes. 🍫
- Blacklight Halloween Paint + Trivia | Thurs., Oct. 28 | 6 p.m. | Studio Cellar | $25 | Tickets include art supplies + 2 drinks.
- Not-So-Spooky Halloween Stroll | Thurs., Oct. 28 | 2-5 p.m. | Richland Library Main | Free | Get the kids dressed up to trick-or-treat around various businesses on Main Street. 👻
- Panel Discussion: Identity and Power in Cultural Economies | Thurs., Oct. 28 | 6:30-8 p.m. | Columbia Museum of Art | $5+ 🖼️
- Scenes from Metamorphoses | Thurs., Oct. 28-Sun., Oct. 31 | 8 p.m. | UofSC Lab Theater, 1400 Wheat St. | $10 | Enjoy UofSC theatre program’s adaptations of classic Greek myths.
- Friends Trivia | Thurs., Oct. 28 | 7 p.m. | Tin Roof | Free | Seating is first come, first serve.
- Mason’s Monster Mash | Thurs., Oct. 28 | 6-8 p.m. | Segra Park | $5 | Children will be able to trick or treat around the concourse, play in inflatables + get in the Halloween spirit. 🎃
- Halloween Blood Drive with EdVenture Children’s Museum | Thurs., Oct. 28 | 12-4 p.m. | 211 Gervais St. | Free | All donors will receive 2 free admission tickets to EdVenture Children’s Museum (not redeemable for Halloween Hoopla). Ⓟ
Friday, October 29
- Fall Plant Sale | Fri., Oct. 29-Sat., Oct. 30 | 10 a.m.-4 p.m. | Robert Mills House | Price of purchase | Join Historic Columbia + the Midlands Native Plant Society to shop everything from subtropicals to wooded trees. 🌿
- A Free Times Halloween | Fri., Oct. 29 | 7:30-11 p.m. | Central Energy, 2030 Gregg St. | $40 | Get spooky with 3 open bars, a live DJ, a costume contest + more. 👻
- Trick or Flea | Fri., Oct. 29 | 6-9 p.m. | NoMa Warehouse | Free | Wear your costume for an evening of shopping from local makers + doers. 🎃
- Buckets of Fun Fall Festival | Fri., Oct. 29 | 6-7:30 p.m. | Polo Road Park | Free | Join Richland County Recreation for games, balloon artists, food + more.
- Trunk or Treat with Young Leaders Society and Homeless No More | Fri., Oct. 29 | 4:30-6 p.m. | St. Lawrence Place, 2400 Waites Rd. | Free | Bring the kids to collect candy + enjoy some Halloween fun.
- Halloween Bash Costume Party | Fri., Oct. 29 | 7:30 p.m. | 701 Whaley | $800 | Pricing represents 1 table that can seat up to 8 people and ticket proceeds go to the Palmetto Foundation for Prevention and Recovery. 👻
- Surrealism: The Unusual and The Subversive | Fri., Oct. 29 | 6-9 p.m. | 918 Studios, 918 Lady St. | $10 | Celebrate the opening bash of Photo SC’s new exhibition. 📸
- Spooky Spirits Bash | Fri., Oct. 29 | 7-11 p.m. | Junction 800, 800 Gervais St. | $100+ | Participate in a night full of music, food + drinks to benefit Camp Cole. 🕸️
- Tantric | Fri., Oct. 29 | 7-11 p.m. | The Main Course | $20+
Saturday, October 30
- Walk to End Alzheimers | Sat., Oct. 30 | 9-11 a.m. | Segra Park | Donation varies | There are also options to walk “online” or in your own neighborhood to support the cause. 🚶♀️
- Richland Exhibition: Revealing Community Resources | Sat., Oct. 30 | 11 a.m.-2 p.m. | Columbia Place Mall, 7201 Two Notch Rd. | Free | This expo will focus on using local resources, supporting small businesses + teaching neighborhood leadership.
- Taste of the South Harvest Dinner | Sat., Oct. 30 | 6:30-9:30 p.m. | City Roots Farm | $85 | Join F2T Productions for a 4-course dinner + wine pairings. 🍽️
- City of Columbia’s Drive-Thru “Spooktacular Halloween Party” | Sat., Oct. 30 | 3-7 p.m. | Dutch Square Mall | Free | Ages 6+ can trick or treat while also enjoying music, food trucks + more. 🎃
- Bluegrass Festival at the Market | Sat., Oct. 30 | 12-5 p.m. | SC State Farmers Market | $5+ | Enjoy a lineup of live music, food trucks, kids activities + more.
- Trunk or Treat Harvest Festival | Sat., Oct. 30 | 5-8 p.m. | Mt. Hermon Lutheran Church, 3011 Leaphart Rd., West Columbia | Free | Enjoy hayrides, food, games, contests, prizes + more.
- Fall Festival and Fright Fight Video Game Tournament | Sat., Oct. 30 | 10 a.m.-6 p.m. | 2121 Lake Murray Blvd. | Free | Join the Midlands Gaming Coalition for a video game tournament, free play, trunk or treating, fall festival games + a raffle. 🎮
- Go Leo 5K & Halloween Festival | Sat., Oct. 30 | 8:30-11 a.m. | Saluda Shoals Park | $20+ | Enjoy a family walk, trick-or-treating, music + more.
- Movie in the Park | Sat., Oct. 30 | 6-8 p.m. | Elmwood/Roy Lynch Park | Free | Watch a screening of Monster’s Inc. while enjoying movie + fair snacks.
- Day of the Dead on Boyd Plaza | Sat., Oct. 30 | 10 a.m.-12 p.m. | Boyd Plaza | Free | Join the SC Arts Commission to explore art + cultural activities.
- Spooky Symposium Dinner Theater | Sat., Oct. 30 + Sun., Oct. 31 | 7:30 p.m. | The Main Course | $60 | Enjoy a 4-course dinner paired with 4 works from Edgar Allen Poe.
- Boos & Booze Halloween Party | Sat., Oct. 30 | 8 p.m.-12 a.m. | THE GRAND | Free | Wear your best costume for the chance to win a gift card. 👻
- Jordan Davis | Sat., Oct. 30 | 7:30 p.m. | The Senate | $29.50+ 🎤
- Interstate Exiles | Sat., Oct. 30 | 7-10 p.m. | Savage Craft Ale Works | Free
- SC Jazz Plays the Beatles | Sat., Oct. 30 | 7:30-9 p.m. | Harbison Theater at Midlands Technical College | $50 | Enjoy a show from 18 of the finest jazz musicians, soloists, and bandleaders from across the Carolinas. 🎷
- Frozen Soul with Sanguisugabogg | Sat., Oct. 30 | 6 p.m. | New Brookland Tavern | Free
- 2021 Soda City Comic Con | Sat., Oct. 30- Sun., Oct. 31 | Time vary | Columbia Metropolitan Convention Center | $5 | This pop-culture event brings together the best in local comics, toys, cosplay, gaming and artists. 🦸♂️
- Focal Points: In the Cards | Sat., Oct. 30 | 11 a.m.-1 p.m. | Columbia Museum of Art | $5+ | Included with admission fees, this gallery talk features tarot readings. 🎴
- 3rd Annual Biscuits & Bluegrass | Sat., Oct. 30 | 10 a.m.-2 p.m. | Hunter-Gatherer Brewery at The Hangar | $35+ (free for kids) | A biscuit brunch catered by Rambo’s Fat Cat Biscuits, craft beer and mimosas by Hunter-Gatherer Brewery, raffle, cornhole tournament and live music by The Blue Iguanas and Liver Puddin’, with proceeds supporting Senior Resources. Ⓟ
Sunday, October 31
- Halloween BOOgie Down Brunch | Sun., Oct. 31 | 10 a.m.-4 p.m. | Saluda Shoals Park | Free | Bring your own chairs for general admission or pay extra for a table reservation. 🍳
- Halloween Hoopla | Sun., Oct. 31 | 11 a.m.-2 p.m. + 3-6 p.m. | Edventure Children’s Museum | $5 | Children under 12 are free + advanced registration is required.
- Boo Pumpkins | Sun., Oct. 31 | 1-2:30 p.m. | Studio Cellar | $27 | Bring the kids to paint their own Halloween decorations.
- Fall Festival | Sun., Oct. 31 | 3-5 p.m. | Washington Street United Methodist Church | Free | Kids can enjoy pony rides, a dunking booth, a bouncy house, a cake walk, a costume parade + more. 🍂
- Halloween Block Party | Sun., Oct. 31 | 12- 7 p.m. | Tin Roof | Free | Get spooky with live music + cocktails. 🎃
- A Very Emo Halloween | Sun., Oct. 31 | 7 p.m. | New Brookland Tavern | $10+ | Enjoy live music, emo karaoke + a costume contest.
- King Size Duo | Sun., Oct. 31 | 5-8 p.m. | Savage Craft Ale Works | Free 🎸
Sorry, you are using an unsupported browser. This page will not display correctly.
Please click here to upgrade to a newer browser.