In case you missed it, this week is National Small Business Week, and in typical COLA fashion, we’re spotlighting 15+ small businesses you asked us to highlight in the Columbia area.
Azalea Coffee Bar | 700 Devine St.
- The local woman-owned coffee shop just celebrated its one-year anniversary after opening back in April of 2021. Pro tip — have the coffee come to you. Reserve its mobile espresso bar for your business, school, or event.
Brickhouse Gourmet Coffee + Tea Company | 725 Meeting St.
- Looking for a unique new taste? The family-owned + operated store — located inside the former Primal Gourmet space — offers a selection of gourmet tea leaves and coffee grounds.
Bundle and Bliss Cola | Contact for inquiries
- Bundle and Bliss is locally owned and offers sleep consulting, postpartum doula recovery, infant care, and lifestyle support. Don’t forget — Mother’s Day is this weekend, wink wink. New moms can definitely use an extra pair of specialized helping hands.
The Collective | 3128 Carlisle St.
- The Collective is a small business boutique that represents over a dozen locally-owned Columbia businesses. It sells anything from candles, rugs, shoes, jewelry, glassware, soaps, baby items, and more. Basically, if you’re trying to buy local, we recommend this shop.
EQ Fitness and Physical Therapy | 2414 Devine St.
- EQ Fitness focuses on getting rid of pain + provides childcare — eliminating two stressors surrounding fitness. The gym offers 24-hour access, group classes and prioritizes strong bonds to help you meet your health goals.
Final Victory Animal Rescue | 2136 Sumter St.
- Final Victory Animal Rescue gives animals a positive experience through walks, pets, and adoption after traumatic events. It serves as the in-between space for pets before they become your forever friend and has helped 400+ animals.
Kao Thai Cuisine | 1001 Senate St. #300
- Kao Thai is located in the historic Fire House Headquaters in The Vista. It’s menu has a variety of modern Thai eats that can be found on the streets of Bangkok, unique cocktails, and creative pan-Asian + Asian-American fusion dishes.
Midtown Market | 337 Taylor St.
- Midtown Market is a southern bodega-style market for live work communities that opened in March. It offers fruits, vegetables, snacks, drinks, and other local assorted items. It’s the perfect grab-and-go stop in Cola.
Momentum Hot Yoga | 4420 Rosewood Dr., located inside ProMotion Rehab and Sports Medicine.
- Momentum is a hot yoga + fitness studio that focuses on preventative care and rehabilitation. Choose between ~10 options of classes or memberships based on your needs.
Piecewise Coffee Company | 2001 State St.
- With the initiative to develop genuine + healthy relationships in the community, the Cayce-based coffee shop offers plentiful indoor and outdoor seating along with local pastries.
Rosewood Market | 2803 Rosewood Dr.
- Rosewood Market is Columbia’s original health food market that takes a hands-on approach to wellness through it’s deli, coffee, organic food, and local + regional produce. Check out its list of local suppliers, and community events.
Sakhar | Contact for inquiries
- Sakhar jams are made from SC produce, fruits, teas, flowers, and high-end liquors. Each 8oz jar is $12 and is sold via gift boxes, small pop-up events, or you can custom order the jam through email inquiries.
Silver Spoon Bake Shop | 2507 Devine St., but are only taking online pre-orders
- Silver Spoon Bake Shop currently posts a weekly pre-order menu every Wednesday at 8 p.m. for a Friday pick up betweem 4-6 p.m. on its front porch.
Spotted Salamander | 1531 Richland St.
- Spotted Salamander is a local favorite for lunch and catering located in the Historic district of Cola. It’s known for its daily deviled eggs, fried chicken Tuesdays, and burger Friday options. Pro tip — don’t sleep on its sweet treats for dessert.
Sweet GG’s Bakery | 4347 Fort Jackson Blvd.
- After being a self taught home-baker for almost 10 years, Nayo opened Sweet GG’s Bakery last year. The bakery sells some vegan products and accommodates everything from birthdays, graduations, weddings, baby showers, anniversaries, or those just-because events.
Tall Oaks Boutique | 128 State St.
- Tall Oaks Boutique is a women’s + children’s boutique in west Columbia founded by a UofSC alumna. The boutique sells everything from swimwear, dresses, and shoes to denim, activewear, and featured collections.
Tribe Yoga + Wellness | 1310 Lady St. Suite A
- Tribe Yoga + Wellness helps you to use your body to discipline your mind and reach inward. The studio offers group yoga classes, private lessons, Vinyasa + restorative yoga. Bonus points: It also offers massage therapy.
Vella’s Restaurant + Tavern | 829 Knox Abbott Dr.
- Known for its slogan, “Done just right,” Vella’s has been around since 1951. The long-standing restaurant in Cayce offers American food options like wings, burgers, sandwiches, and salads. Pro tip: Order the fried pickles + the prime hamburger steak.
Don’t forget — year round, from 9 a.m.-1 p.m. — Soda City market is a collection of local entrepreneurs who bring unique pieces, hand-crafted items, and Southeast produce in the heart of downtown on Main Street. So, along with these 18 businesses, check out 140+ ways you can shop small every weekend.