You can expect to see a lot of green around Columbia this week as the Masters Golf Tournament returns at Augusta National Golf Club — with full attendance for the first time since 2019.
A tradition unlike any other, the event brings spectators from across the world to attend the first golf championship of the year and see one of the most esteemed courses in the sport.
DYK? Columbia is only a 1 hour + 17 minute-drive from Augusta, making it a hotspot for golf fans traveling to the tournament.
Along with a boom in hotel + restaurant tourism, golf courses in the Midlands also see a significant increase in play. So if the Masters has you in the mood to hit the links, we’ve got a roundup of public courses around Cola for you.
⛳ Play 18
Charwood | 222 Clubhouse Dr #2589, West Columbia
Rates — $35+ for 18 holes | Book a tee time
- The course takes full advantage of its location along a 15-mile sand strip with naturally sandy “waste areas” that create a unique challenge for players.
Cobblestone | 1298 University Pkwy, Blythewood
Rates — $70+ for 18 holes | Book a tee time
- Golfers will find rolling hills, panoramic views, and oak and pine trees on this 27-hole course.
Hidden Valley | 147 State Rd S-32-1144, Gaston
Rates — $36+ | Book a tee time
Indian River | 200 Indian River Dr., West Columbia
Rates — $20+ | Book a tee time
Linrick | 356 Camp Ground Road, Columbia
Rates — $40+ for 18 holes | Book a tee time
- Columbia’s municipal golf course features eight ponds and rollings hills on 257 acres.
The Spur at Northwoods | 201 Powell Rd, Columbia
Rates — $32.99+ for 18 holes | Book a tee time
- Designed by P.B. Dye, son of world-famous architect Pete Dye, the course winds through wooded areas with several ponds.
Oak Hills | 7629 Fairfield Rd, Columbia
Rates — $45+ for 18 holes | Book a tee time
- Located on a 160-acre tract of land outside with gently rolling hills surrounded by oak, pine, and dogwood trees.
Timberlake Country Club, 222 Timberlake Dr, Chapin
Rates | $46+ for 18 holes | Book a tee time
- Located on Lake Murray, Timberlake is a scenic and challenging 18-hole course.
The Windermere Club | 1101 Longtown Rd E, Blythewood
Rates — $39+ | Book a tee time
🏌🏽Practice and learn
Hours — Daily 8 a.m.-7 p.m.
- The practice facility features a driving range, mini-golf, lessons, club fitting + a par three course.
James Clyburn Golf Center | 2091 Slighs Avenue, Columbia
Hours — Mon. – Fri. 10 a.m. – 7 p.m. Sat. 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.
- A full-service golf practice facility and learning center located off Harden Street in downtown Columbia.