If you live in a city, you’re going to use parking, lots. Eh? Get it?
Ok, we may be bad at parking puns, but we are good at parking in Columbia. Here’s a quick go-to parking guide that will help you avoid tickets within city limits.
Different colored meters correspond with different amounts of time allotted for parking.
- Red meters, 30 minutes
- Silver meters, one hour
- Green meters, two hours
- Blue meters, five-ten hours
Pro tip: Go ahead and download the Passport Parking app. When you’re running behind, the last thing you need is to reach for a sticky quarter in your cup holder.
Click here to see 10+ parking options in Columbia that are operated by the City of Columbia + mostly align with metered rules or have visitor parking on lower levels. If all else fails, check this interactive parking map before you drive to your destination.
5 quick tips
- Metered parking is enforced within the city limits Mon.-Sat. from 9 a.m.-6 p.m. Aka — you can park for free after 6 p.m. + every Sunday.
- Don’t forget about side street parking, especially when you’re trying to find parking in busy districts. If you are trying to park downtown on Main Street or in the Vista, you may find better luck parking on Sumter, Assembly, Lincoln, or Lady Streets rather than Gervais or Main Streets.
- If paying with cash, remember to use exact change. Pay stations do not give change + any overpayments will not be refunded.
- Forego parking altogether and use public transportation. Catch The COMET + use the Soda Cap Connector for $1.
- When in doubt, you can always contact the parking department.