Stocking stuffers are one of the easiest ways to shop locally — and we’ve made it simple. Though there are hundreds, even thousands of gift options around Cola, we’ve put together a list of ~20 to choose from.
🛍️ For the unique boutiquers:
- A Little Happy Shop | They said it best — “perfect gift for your fashionista friends.”
- Hotel Trundle wine glasses + gift card | A staycation can fit inside a stocking in the form of a gift card.
- POUT | Shop at POUT for the latest luxury beauty products or choose from an array of innovative skin services.
- Shoppes on Main | You’ll find something for everyone on the list, ages 1-100.
- Swiff Brand | Shop classic and cool clothing, anything from outwear, shirts, bottoms, t-shirts, sweaters, accessories, and more. Oh, and sip while you shop when you order from its coffee and wine bar located inside the store.
🎨 For the artists:
- Cait Maloney’s art | Browse local artist, Cait Maloney’s art and get to know her through 13 questions we asked her earlier this year.
- Julie K. Art’s art | Sam here — last time I went to NoMa Warehouse I stopped by Julie K. Art’s table and bought some stickers. If you have any animal conservation lovers in your life, I highly recommend checking out her website for stickers, prints, cards, ornaments, and more.
- Jodi Jenkins Designs | Reader Crystal F. recommends grabbing something from Jodi Jenkins Designs. “They have a bunch of local crafts for sale. My favorite items were the custom pottery. I bought a spoon rest for myself.”
📚 For the booktroverts:
- Animal Party: A Book of Fun from A to Z | Reader (and local author) Ashley B. wrote a children’s book called Animal Party: A Book of Fun from A to Z. She collaborated with a local artist, Shirley DuRant, who can be found most weekends at Soda City or The Collective. “As for stocking stuffers, we have the book, very cute animal prints, a tote bag, buttons, and stickers.”
- All Good Books membership | Read all about Cola’s newest independent bookstore coming to Five Points in early 2023 and buy the book lover in your life a membership for next year.
🍻 For the spirited:
- Steel Hands Brewing merch | Keep the heat in while you sip on a cold one.
- WECO Bottle and Biergarten merch | Pint glasses start at $5 and don’t forget it will be selling The Whig pint glasses as well for a limited time.
☕ For the coffee connoisseurs:
- Curiosity coffee stickers, mugs + merch | For the fandom + lore lovers in your life.
- Snag one of Indah’s mugs | Sip coffee from a mug with a custom-illustrated tiger drinking coffee in a jungle on it.
- Loveland Coffee items | Reader Jessica L. recommends stocking stuffers from Loveland Coffee, “including instant coffee, chocolate made in SC, tea blends made local from Columbia (Grassroots), Lump of Coal coffee (for those that have been naughty), a holiday blend, mini caramel bottles from SC (Holmes Sweet Holmes), many home brewing items, and more.”
- Or hey, gift cards of any kind to a local coffee shop are always a good idea.
🍽️ For the foodies:
- The Peanut Man Gourmet Cafe & Gift Shop | Reader Marcia W. says “they have candy and gifts for everyone on your list — including the four-legged kind. Plus you can get a full meal until 4 p.m. or coffee and dessert until 6 p.m.”
- Carolina Kernels | All the popcorn flavors you can imagine.
- The Gourmet Shop | Anything + everything from this local Five Points store will be a perfect unique stocking stuffer for foodies or hostesses of the mostesses.
🎁 For the miscellaneous shoppers:
- COLA merch on 6AM’s online shop | A cool way to support COLAtoday
- Indigo Ridge Hemp items | Shop sustainability-farmed and family-owned CBD whether you decide to purchase gummies, oils, or more.
- If you’re more of an experience kinda-gift giver, check out our experience gifts guide here.
- If you’re still looking for ideas, attend local markets like Soda City or NOMA Warehouse. You’ll find hundreds of one-of-a-kind gift options.