When it comes to scenic locations to picnic, the Soda City’s got them. From historic gardens and riverfront spots, to convenient options for a quick bite to eat, it can be easy to plan an outdoor meal with friends + family.
🧀 Build your menu with local charcuterie boards
- Abundant Graze | Choose from a variety of prebuilt boxes that include cheeses, pickles, nuts, and crackers. Try this: Order a dessert box of sweets for a balance of salty + sweet snacks.
- The Art of Charcuterie | Options range from Tuscan pizza to individual boxes filled with fresh fruits and veggies.
- Salt and Oak | Fill out the online form and choose the box that fits your needs filled with artisan ingredients and a seasonal arrangement.
💐 Pick out the decor
- Set the scene at your picnic with a colorful bloom of flowers from Fern or choose from the summer bouquets at Blossom Shop.
- What’s a picnic without a vintage basket? Stop by Old Mill Antique Mall and choose from the selection of baskets, or pick up a vintage blanket or quilt.
- Mast General Store on Main Street has you covered with picnic-related items ranging from sweets + spreads to blankets and a wide selection of outdoor items.
🌳 Choose the perfect spot
- Columbia Canal and Riverfront Park, 312 Laurel St. | It’s just a short walk to the riverfront where you’ll find a field next to the river to unfurl a blanket and soak up some sun.
- Page Ellington Park, 2220 Gregg St. | Bring your dog and let them play in the dog park while you set your spread under one of Bull Street’s old oak trees.
- Robert Mils Historic District, Seibels House, Robert Mills, Hampton-Preston | Choose a scenic spot in the gardens among the heirloom plantings of native plants. Pro tip: Each location has different hours and days when the gardens are open to the public, so be sure to check before you go.
- UofSC Horseshoe | Bring a book and a snack to enjoy the historic horseshoe shaded by 26 varieties of trees.
🍿 Picnic Hacks
- Picnic Popup SC | The perfect option for picnic parties, Picnic Popup SC will set up a private outdoor experience for you complete with food + activities.
- Gourmet Shop Charcuterie Box | When you preorder your custom cheese + charcuterie trays and pick up a pound of the renowned chicken salad, you’re halfway to your outdoor dining experience.
Cromer’s | Peanuts, popcorn, hot dogs, Cromer’s has you covered if you want to grab some picnic snacks on the way to the park.
Bonus: Don’t forget to grab sunscreen, bug spray, and a camera to capture the memories (you’ll thank us later).
Remember to use #COLAtoday when you post your picnic pictures for a chance to be featured on our page.