The program is for neighborhood associations who want to make a difference in their community. Eligible projects include:
- Cleanup efforts
- Signage revamps
- Other neighborhood events
👕 How it works
The contest opened on Sun., January 1, designs must be submitted by 11:59 p.m. on Tues., January 31, and the winners will be announced on Wed., February 15.
There is no entry fee and there are two submission categories — one for a spring and summer design (made for short sleeve shirts) and the other for a fall and winter design (made for long sleeve shirts.)
The first-place winner in each category will receive $150, be featured on the City’s website and the Mayor’s social media accounts, and the winning designs will be sold in the Columbia SC Visitors Center’s online store.
- The theme must relate to the City of Columbia.
- The design colors must be able to be printed on both light and dark shirt options.
- Designs created using Adobe software, Canva, or CoreIDRAW are preferred.
👕 The rules
- You can submit up to two designs.
- All designs must be original.
- Submissions must not have been previously published or contain profanity, trademarks, other logos, or any copyrighted works.
- Winners must sign a waiver to allow the City of Columbia to use their design, free of charge, for any promotional purposes.
- Winners must be flexible to cooperate with Experience Columbia SC’s printer if slight modifications are necessary.
Ready to use your creativity to help your community? Find more information and the submission form here.