We love to think our presents will be up on the mantelpiece forever. But let’s face it: some things are destined to add to our closet clutter. (Unless it’s from our Columbia gift guide, of course.)
It’s been on-trend for a while to offer experiences, rather than things, for gifts. To help you level up your gift-giving game this holiday season, check out our curated list of giftable experiences so you can sleigh the holidays.
For the adventurer:
- Your bike-friendly friends (or college students) would be spoked to receive a Blue Bike SC membership so they can peddle around the Soda City.
- Support conservation and give the gift of free admission, guest passes, discounts, and more when you buy a family in your life a Riverbanks Zoo membership.
For the artist:
- Purchase a membership to the Columbia Museum of Art for your art-loving friends. Psst, Use code GIFT20 to get 20% off any gift of general membership through December 31.
- Choose between seven options when purchasing a Nickelodeon Theatre membership. Support a local theater and get discounts (or free) tickets, popcorn, drinks, and more.
- Book a pottery class at State of The Art Gallery and Pottery Studio. You never know what new hobby you’ll unlock.
For the sports fanatic:
- Give the gift that keeps giving to the whole family when you purchase season tickets to see Columbia Fireflies’ games — offered for half or full season.
- Calling all Gamecocks — Buy a set of tickets or season tickets for any of USC’s sports offerings.
For the lifelong student:
- Know any history buffs? Snag them a Historic Columbia membership. Choose between four membership options to receive discounts on events, free house tours, and special access to behind-the-scenes tours.
- The gift of a Richland Library card is priceless — no really, it’s free if you’re a Richland County resident or property owner. If you live in a neighboring county and would like to purchase a nonresident library card, apply online, in person, or call (803) 929-3441.
- Give the SC State Museum family membership to family members with younger kids — featuring free or discounted tickets to shows at the planetarium and more.