As the weather gets warmer we start to day dream about trips to the lake. Right up the highway about 20 miles is the town of Chapin, better known as the “Capital of Lake Murray.”
If you haven’t taken a little local road trip to Chapin — you’re missing out. From the endless views of the lake, to community coffee shops, and tons of space to get outdoors, there is plenty to explore up I-26.
First things first – here are a few fast facts about Chapin:
- This area is characterized by its proximity to the lake, small town charm, and outdoor recreation
- ~77% of the homes are owned, ~14% are rented + ~8% are vacant, as of July 2020
- It’s about two sq. miles in northern Lexington County
- There are 1,906+ residents, as of July 2020
- There are four schools in the area
Are you ready to take a virtual trip with us through this lakeside city?
Here is your guide to Chapin.
Outdoors — Trails and Lake Murray
The Palmetto Trail features over 500 miles of trails and one of the trailheads can be accessed close to Chapin.
Crooked Creek Park is a 53,000 square-foot community center that features a full gymnasium, racquetball courts, fitness areas, indoor walking track, and meeting rooms. The community space also provides tennis courts, picnic facilities, walking trails, playgrounds, and a 27-hole disc golf course.
The splash pad opens for the season on April 24 + there are seasonal membership options available.
Chapin Commons, 301 Columbia Ave.