Columbia’s getting hotter by a few degrees this weekend — and we’re not talking about temperature. We’ve seen a few tassels swayin’ around town which can only mean it’s time for all of our Cola graduates to walk across the stage once again. If you haven’t taken pictures for your graduation yet, check out these 10 spots around the Capital City.
🌇 If you want city views
The State House, 1100 Gervais St.
- The “say you’re graduating in Columbia without saying you’re graduating in Columbia” location. The architecture is stunning, and we may be biased, but the stark white columns pair well with any graduating colors.
- Vague, we know. Before you count it out, may we interest you in walking downtown beside reflective buildings, standing in front of a mural, snapping pictures on top of a parking garage, or posing on the Gervais Street Bridge to give your pictures more of an urban feel.
💙 If you tend to be nostalgic
Downtown in one of the districts
- Take pictures in the downtown district you acquainted yourself with the most. If that district happens to be Five Points, take a picture with the Five Points mural in front of the fountain.
Local restaurant or coffee shop you frequented during college
- Whether it was Jake’s on Devine, Beezer’s Gourmet Sandwich Shop, Tios Mexican Cafe, or Cool Beans Coffee Co. — take your photographer into your fave go-to spot by campus. Bonus points if the person working knows your order by heart.
👀 If you want something a little different
Studio Willow, 2005 State St.
- With tons of colored backdrops to choose from, bring some props with you to customize your graduation photo experience. Did we mention the incredible lighting?
Tin Roof, 1022 Senate St.
- Have you ever thought of taking pictures at Tin Roof? They have plenty of champagne and all the lighting you need. While you’re there, go ahead and book your graduation party. It’s the perfect venue to host all of your loved ones.
🌿 If you’re the outdoorsy-type
- Take your pick between the Riverfront Park, Saluda Riverwalk, West Columbia Riverwalk, Cayce Riverwalk, or maybe all four.
Take a road trip
- Do something totally different + take an hour and half drive to the beach with your cap and gown to celebrate graduation like this graduate did.
🐓 If you’re a Gamecock
Thomas Cooper Library, 1322 Greene St.
- Sure, you could snap the classic champagne picture in front of the fountain, but maybe take a trip inside. Take a few pictures of you in-between the book aisles or on the floor of the library you spent late nights on while studying for those exams that you never have to take again.
Williams-Brice Stadium, 1125 George Rogers Blvd.
- Ditch the cap + gown and throw on your jersey or the lucky hat that you wore to all of the UofSC football games. Don’t forget to throw your spur up.