Imagine it’s after 10 p.m. in downtown Columbia and the late-night munchies hit. You have two options, turn to that frozen pizza or grab a bite from one of these local spots open late.
Whether it’s a sub sandwich, a sweet treat, or a tasty burger, these Soda City spots have you covered.
Late night options
- Bar None 620 Harden St. | A favorite among the service industry and a Five Points staple, Bar None serves food late into the night and is open ‘til 4 a.m.
- Beezers, 919 Sumter St. | A longtime late-night staple, Beezer’s is located just across the street from the UofSC Horseshoe serving sandwiches ‘til 4 a.m.
- Granby Grill, 612 Whaley St., Suite C | This Olympia neighborhood diner has an expansive menu and keeps the kitchen open ‘til 11 p.m.
- Eddie’s Calzones, 817 Harden St. | Located in Five Points, Eddie’s is the go-to spot for a calzone after you’ve been out at the bars or are just getting off work and is open ‘til 4 a.m.
- Insomnia Cookies, 2013 Devine St. | In addition to the monster cookies, Insomnia serves cupcakes and ice cream ‘til 3 a.m.
- Jack Brown’s Burgers 711 Harden St. | Jack Brown’s in Five Points is now serving up its signature burgers ‘til 2 a.m.
- Nightcaps, 2722 Devine St. | If you’re not ordering the cheese sticks, then what are you doing?
- Rush’s, various locations around the Midlands | Open until midnight, Rush’s drive-thru is a go-to spot for a late-night burger, hot dog, or milkshake.
- The Grand on Main, 1621 Main St. | Reserve a bowling lane and snack late with The Grand’s kitchen staying open ‘til 1 a.m. on the weekends
- Village Idiot Five Points, 2009 Devine St. | Squeeze in a booth for a late night slice at this longtime Five Points favorite.
What to order
Did someone say Bar None cheese fries — @ktcollinss
Beezer’s TBird, extra sprouts — @mackjeanmanning
Night Caps Motz Sticks or get out 🙌🙌— @do_yall_have_grits
Before you let us know that we left out The Whig, we are sad to hear that the iconic Cola dive bar will close later this year.