Classes for UofSC students begin tomorrow and with the largest incoming freshman class in school history, we know there are a few new Soda Citizens walking around.Being new in town can be a little disorienting, but that’s where we come in. Here are 10 things you should know as a new Soda City resident.
3. Join one of 500+ campus clubs to make new friends, branch out, and find something you enjoy.
🚲 Health + wellness
4. Columbia is known for our beautiful rivers + we recommend walking by a few of them:
- The Cayce Riverwalk
- The Columbia Riverfront Park
- The Saluda Riverwalk
- The West Columbia Riverwalk + Amphitheater
6. Many local fitness centers, studios, and gyms offer student discounts. Check out:
🍽 Local grub
7. We’ve got you covered for late-night bites.
8. Some go-to local grub spots around campus are:
- Village Idiot Five Points — by-the-slice pizza, 2009 Devine St.
- Tios — Mom + Pop Tex-Mex food and bar, 921 Sumter St.
- Beezers — killer sandwiches, 919 Sumter St.
📍 Our City
9. Familiarize yourself with our main districts and cities — this will help you as you navigate around town.
- City of Cayce
- City of Forest Acres
- City of West Columbia
- Five Points
- Main Street District
- The Devine District
- The Vista
10. There are two things you should know about our trains. One, if you haven’t been caught by one yet, you will. Two, you might want to invest in some earplugs for nighttime. Trust us.
Bonus tips: Subscribe to our newsletter to stay in the know + don’t forget to call your mom once in and while.