Who knows Columbia best? You, Soda Citizens. Whether you need advice, recommendations, or just want to find friends who share your interests, here are seven local + active digital community groups to join so you can stay plugged in and in-the-know.
Columbia SC Connectors - ColumbiYEAH! Facebook group | 1K members
- The group was created last year as a place for Soda Citizens to ask for local recommendations, promote a business, or make friends. This public group is also for those looking to visit Cola + find things to do while here.
- This public support group, created by the Richland Library, began during COVID-19 for local business owners to brainstorm strategies, ask questions, find resources, and became a safe place to vent.
- It currently shares business articles, tips, and business resources members can take advantage of.
SINdustry Columbia | 7.5K members
- This public service industry-focused group shares service industry jobs, grand openings of restaurants, events, and more.
ColumbiYEAH! Reddit page | 9.1K members
- This subreddit group is a place Soda Citizens come to ask questions pertaining to anything about Columbia. It can range from how to make friends in our city, locals looking for jobs, good places to watch the sunset, and other various recommendation requests.
ColumbiaSC Reddit page | 14.6K members
- Here’s where you’ll find your Cola newbies + local experts. Created 11 years ago, this page is for curious Soda Citizens either looking for advice and recommendations, or those who love to give recommendations and advice.
Soda City Connectors | 23.8K members
- Digitally network with other Midlands professionals who share about relevant conferences, events, volunteer opportunities, board openings, and business advice.
Columbia Eats | 42.7K members
- Calling all local foodies — this group is for you. This page was created to support local restaurants. It’s mostly for recommendations + reviews but all content must be food related.