This past weekend the Georgia Bulldogs jumped to the top of the SEC + national rankings after shutting out the Samford Bulldogs 33-0, which means UofSC is coming into this weekend’s game as a big underdog.
Were breaking down some of the facts to provide insight before the underdogs face the Bulldogs.
- According to ESPN’s Football Power Index, UofSC has a less than 10% chance of beating Georgia.
- Coach Shane Beamer announced this week that Mohamed Kaba (linebacker) + Jordan Strachan (defensive end) both suffered season-ending ACL injuries last Saturday against Arkansas.
- This will be the 75th time the Gamecocks play Georgia, making them UofSC’s second-most played team, second to Clemson.
Ok, so some of the facts look bad, right? But don’t discount:
- The Gamecocks will have the home-field advantage.
- In 2019, Georgia came into the game against UofSC undefeated, favored to win by over 24 points, and lost in Athens.
Who doesn’t love an upset? Here’s to hoping a similar story unfolds in William’s-Brice this Sat., Sept. 17 at 12 p.m. The game will be nationally televised on ESPN or you can buy tickets here.