On Friday, The State announced another new restaurant, MOMS, is coming to 1734 Main St. (in the former Al Amir location).
Here’s what we know right now:
○ MOMS will be an “an upscale Southern bistro,” – not to be confused with Market on Main, also known as “MOM.”
○ Owner + chef Chris Hyler is a S.C.-native who previously cooked for the Kennedy family at their Massachusetts home, worked with Saluda’s in the 2000s, spent some time in the Charleston food scene + currently runs a BBQ restaurant and catering business in Lexington.
○ Open for lunch + dinner – bringing out black table cloths for a more upscale dinner experience vs. the casual lunch atmosphere.
○ They’ll serve everything from seafood to burgers, with menu menu items like peppercorn-crusted duck breast, chicken topped with caramelized onions + brown sugar + sweet and sour collards. Entrees will range $15-30.
○ The second level of the building will eventually be renovated to become a music + event venue.
○ An opening date is TBA, but will likely open by New Year’s.
Here’s what y’all are already saying about it:
“Wow sounds awesome!!! Main St just getting better and better” –@chrisinsc311
“Calling it now, 2020 is going to be a great year for Columbia! I can’t wait to try this spot!!” –@theoverflowfoodblog
“Gonna be a hit!!” –@thomas.ingram.75
“So excited!!!” –@lambo8888